New Princess Sale - Great Getaways Sale (May 16 - July 15, 2017)

MCC retired

This is how I got to this promotion's prices: from Princess homepage clicked on "Deals" at the top; on next page clicked "Great Getaways Sale"; that brought up the 13 itineraries for this offer with the available dates & prices.

Then I followed the steps I previously posted...are you certain that your cruise is part of this offer?

Yes, it is part of the promotion.

I opted to call, because we're booking two rooms. As it turns out it's cheaper to take the "regular" price on the room that has 3 of us in it. The second room only has 2 people and that was booked with the Great Getaways promotion.

This is what I am doing, too - the cruise I am looking at is included in the "sale" and shows up there but when you go through to book there is no discount? It's the Dec 16th Star Princess Vancouver to LA. Actually all the ones I tried to book through this "sale" fail to come through with a discount....:(

Call Princess or your TA. I think Princess's webmaster dropped the ball here. My Oct 21 cruise is part of this sale, but on Princess's website it's still showing the launch fares for both 1st & 2nd passengers. I ended up calling them.

BTW, this promo is for NEW booking only. I'd have to cancel and rebook. Decided against it because I'll lose my EZAir guaranteed airfares and my AMEX statement credit. Yes, I booked it that long ago. I'd only save $80 on the total cruise fares (went with a cheap inside cabin) and it's not worth the risk of losing $100 credit from AMEX and higher airfares.

Best of luck to you all!

There is just no way the fare for the cruise I am watching is on sale for half off for the second person.

It says so on the red sale bar "great getaways sale", but the fare is exactly $4 Canadian less than it was when it was first posted last year, and over $200 more per person than it was last week. We held off to see if this sale did better than the current reduction in price that had been available for the past month but nope - far worse. Not really a sale in my mind, unless they forgot to actually calculate the 50% off for the second person on the website. I followed the booking through until it asked for payment and the price never got cheaper.

Don

I just tried to book a 4 night with the sale promo for this November. Tried to go all the way through to the deposit, still shows both fares at $398, no 50% off the 2nd person ANYWHERE in the real $ commitment...and to agree to non-refundable deposit.... guess I'll wait till someone at Princess reads this & gets the message to IT!

I have 1 4 day and 1 5 day previously booked. Checked out the getaway sale price on the same cruises to see if I should re book, and both are $2 higher with this sale then when I booked them 3 months ago. No sale for me. On the other hand I have done very well with 2 sip and sale cruises. Both were/are several hundred dollars more than when I booked them and that is without the sip and sale promo added!

When I called yesterday, it sounded like for our October trip it would drop the price $10 for the first passenger fare (based on our original booking) and reduce the second passenger by $470 for our balcony room. Wanted to double check everything with my husband before rebooking due to the nonrefundable deposit, but it seems like a good deal for us. The representative did say other deals may be coming so if the numbers don't work for you - for us $480 is worth rebooking.