New Princess Sale - Great Getaways Sale (May 16 - July 15, 2017)

MCC retired

Short Getaway Cruises.

Destinations that include the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada & New England and the Pacific Coast, sailing fall 2017 through spring 2018.

• Buy one, get one 50%*
  • Plus, 3rd & 4th guest fares from only $99*
  • $50 non-refundable deposit per guest
  • Buy 1st Guest Fare, Get 2nd Guest Fare at 50% off offer is based on first guest at 100% fare, and second guest at 50% fare in same stateroom. Savings is based on a per guest discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space-available basis at time of booking on select sailings. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. First and second guest fares apply to minimum lead in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary. Fares are per guest, non-air, cruise-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests.
    **3rd & 4th guest fares from $99 per guest apply to the 3rd or 4th guests booked in the same stateroom as the first and second guests. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other dates and categories may vary. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars.
    Deposit of $50 per guest made under Great Getaways are non-refundable.
    Offer is not transferable and is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. This offer has limited space regardless of stateroom availability.
  • Reference promotion code: Q5- and ZBR

Edited by MCC retired

bummer, this solo cruiser is out of luck with this 'promo'.

it would be fair to pay 150% on this, i wonder if it will come up like that? (ya, ya, i know: life's not fair)

it would be fair to pay 150% on this, i wonder if it will come up like that? (ya, ya, i know: life's not fair)

Probably not.

Normal 2 person per cabin revenue for fare X 2X (fares) + .66 OBC = 2.66X

Sale 2 person revenue (assuming base fare not increased) 1.5X + .66X = 2.16X

Normal Solo at 200% 2X + .33X = 2.33X

So with the sale the anticipated revenue for a 2 person cabin drops to .17X below a solo, not enough to expect solo rate to drop .5X. Might happen but I would not expect it.

I cruise solo and have received any and all promos offered. It still states price based on double occupancy but have you seen the way they have changed the booking, with number of passengers before you get a price quote. Try a fake booking when the sale begins and see. I don't know if Canada is different but it works in the US.

I noticed in the first post that it says ,"short getaway cruises".

Is this offer limited to cruises of five days or less?

We are considering a ten day cruise to the Caribbean for next February -March.

Wondering if this offer would apply to a ten day /longer cruise.

Anyone have any info about this?

3 to 5 night cruises only for this Sale.

You could book with the current promo rate (NDB) for Feb 2018 10 night cruises, then watch for future Sales which could be better, then adjust.

Book two people and one doesn't show up, happens all the time.

You could book with the current promo rate (NDB) for Feb 2018 10 night cruises, then watch for future Sales which could be better, then adjust.

Agree. Monitor price movement after, just like what Is done with any type of booking

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Nice but I would still have to pay for airfare and there likely won't be any cruises out of SF that work with this. Even if there are a few from SF they would be one way so it would still entail airfare. Nice if you live in LA or FLL though where you can snag a shortie round trip cruise. If one lives in say, Oklahoma, I doubt this is really very enticing.

3 to 5 night cruises only for this Sale.

Here's a link to a promotional flyer with some examples & pricing.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/Sales%20&%20Marketing/Promotions%20&%20LTO/PC_GG_StartsSoon_eFlyer%20r5_r.pdf

Thanks for the sample pricing. The 2 cruises I was looking at are the exact prices now (within a couple $) than they will be with the higher pricing they will be charging on the 16th. And the deposits are refundable now.

Thanks for the sample pricing. The 2 cruises I was looking at are the exact prices now (within a couple $) than they will be with the higher pricing they will be charging on the 16th. And the deposits are refundable now.

You're welcome & glad that it was useful for you.

What? :eek: A Princess sale without cheaper prices & a lower net price?? That's too often routine for any cruises that I'm interested in sailing. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me, or Princess hasn't updated the pricing yet? Looking at my Oct cruise. The sale banners are up on the cruise search page, but when I select a room the line entries are not yet showing the promotion fares.

Edit: Just looked at a Feb 2018 cruise on Crown Princess, and that's showing the promo fares.

Edited by Selion

Is it me, or Princess hasn't updated the pricing yet? Looking at my Oct cruise. The sale banners are up on the cruise search page, but when I select a room the line entries are not yet showing the promotion fares.

Edit: Just looked at a Feb 2018 cruise on Crown Princess, and that's showing the promo fares.

The cruises I am looking at also have the sale banner applied to them, but pricing is not reflecting any discount. In fact, a 3 nighter I have booked for December is showing $100 MORE per person with the sale and no 50% discount reflected for 2nd guest? Anyone have any luck with this?

The cruises I am looking at also have the sale banner applied to them, but pricing is not reflecting any discount. In fact, a 3 nighter I have booked for December is showing $100 MORE per person with the sale and no 50% discount reflected for 2nd guest? Anyone have any luck with this?

Checking a 4-night cruise from LA (Ruby, 11/25/17) it shows an interior cabin beginning at $398 & is included in this promotion. Clicking on the green "Cruise Details" button takes me to more information & now shows a beginning price of $299 per person. That's a 25% per passenger discount which is the net result of paying 100% for the first passenger & 50% for the 2nd passenger.

"Buy 1st Guest Fare, Get 2nd Guest Fare at 50% off offer is based on first guest at 100% fare, and‬‬‬‬ *second guest at 50% fare in same stateroom"

Thus this promotion isn't enough of a sale for me which is routine for cruises we'd like to sail. And with a $50 non-refundable deposit it's nothing we'd book because the price isn't great.

Please excuse an ignorant question - how do I get this pricing? I've been looking at a 5 night cruise and when I go to the Princess website, it's the same price for first 2 cruisers, and the 3rd cruiser is still the same price it was prior to today.

I called Princess. The deal is not a good one on the March 5 day we were looking at. The fine print states the first passenger is at original brochure launch fare then 50% off that price for the second. In short the price is $300 per couple higher than yesterday with no sale. I will wait til the sale is over since the ship is all but empty right now.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Please excuse an ignorant question - how do I get this pricing? I've been looking at a 5 night cruise and when I go to the Princess website, it's the same price for first 2 cruisers, and the 3rd cruiser is still the same price it was prior to today.

This is how I got to this promotion's prices: from Princess homepage clicked on "Deals" at the top; on next page clicked "Great Getaways Sale"; that brought up the 13 itineraries for this offer with the available dates & prices.

Then I followed the steps I previously posted...are you certain that your cruise is part of this offer?

This is how I got to this promotion's prices: from Princess homepage clicked on "Deals" at the top; on next page clicked "Great Getaways Sale"; that brought up the 13 itineraries for this offer with the available dates & prices.

Then I followed the steps I previously posted...are you certain that your cruise is part of this offer?

This is what I am doing, too - the cruise I am looking at is included in the "sale" and shows up there but when you go through to book there is no discount? It's the Dec 16th Star Princess Vancouver to LA. Actually all the ones I tried to book through this "sale" fail to come through with a discount....:(