checking in diapers with porters

My siblings fly to port, while I live close and drive. They want to have diapers shipped to my house for me to take on-board for them so they don't have to fly with all the diapers. Am I able to just tape a luggage tag to the pack of diapers and give to the porter? Or give a box with a luggage tag? I don't want to put the diapers in a suitcase because then I will have to carry the empty suitcase off the ship at the end of cruise.

Back in the old days, we would line a duffel bag with two beach towels and include a case of water bottles. Tag it and the porter took it. No problems, it arrived in our cabin as expected. I imagine you could do a similar thing (without the beach towels) for diapers and at the end of your cruise, you can either collapse the duffel bag or use it for souvenirs!

Back in the old days, we would line a duffel bag with two beach towels and include a case of water bottles. Tag it and the porter took it. No problems, it arrived in our cabin as expected. I imagine you could do a similar thing (without the beach towels) for diapers and at the end of your cruise, you can either collapse the duffel bag or use it for souvenirs!

This is a great idea. They are going to open the box anyway and it will probably store better in a duffel bag.

My siblings fly to port, while I live close and drive. They want to have diapers shipped to my house for me to take on-board for them so they don't have to fly with all the diapers. Am I able to just tape a luggage tag to the pack of diapers and give to the porter? Or give a box with a luggage tag? I don't want to put the diapers in a suitcase because then I will have to carry the empty suitcase off the ship at the end of cruise.

Rather than have them ship diapers to you, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper for you to go buy some locally?

Rather than have them ship diapers to you, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper for you to go buy some locally?

Some diapers can be expensive and they probably don't want to impede on the OP any more than they have to. OR they may need specialty diapers (those suckers are REALLY expensive) OR they may have free shipping (ie: Amazon Prime, Target membership etc.). Even if they were paying the OP back, if I was the parent in the situation I would ship them to OP as well just to make less work for them.

What about wipes etc?

Some will place loose diapers in all the nooks, crannies and pockets of the suitcase.

Yes, you can just slap a tag into the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we cruised with our 14 month old daughter, I did NOT want to pack a bunch of diapers on our flights down to FL. I packed just enough for an overnight and the next day (with a few extras just in case). Then we went to the drugstore and bought a large box of diapers and pack of swim diapers. We taped the two packages together with packing tape and put the luggage tag on it. The porters never even gave it another look. They were delivered right to our cabin. So nice not having to take up precious suitcase space with diapers!

A duffel bag is a good idea.