Bad news about booking on board and OBC

cocoaloco

Dissapointing. After 2017 all options are on the table for us. Cruising ncl in 2018 more perks and slightly better price for what we want to do. As we seek itineraries and stops we haven't done, other lines are certainly on the table.

Deja Vu! Just realized this type change to future bookings is what put us off Royal a few years ago. We're looking around a bit more, lately. Not cancelling any bookings, however; good prices on those and plenty of OBC.

Time to chat with our PVP and Carla (if she's still there :o) on Fantasy.

I don't know about you all, but $50 is still $50, and is worth the trouble to me. We always book Early Saver anyway, so it's not a problem for us. But when you say you can book at home within 6 weeks and still get the $50....this is news to me!

$50 may be $50, but $500 is $500, which is why it will be Princess for us going forward for long, pricey cruises.

Already made the change today from cruising Panama Canal on Miracle in January to doing it in November on Island Princess. We're now debating whether to switch the booking to the Alaska booking on Carnival or cash it in completely and use the gift card on our Breeze cruise. There are a lot of nice Alaska cruises out there at good prices...

• 3 months later...

So I have been very busy the last 5 months and haven't been on CC much at all. Today we boarded the Legend to Alaska. I went to what I thought was the future cruise desk and spoke to someone there who told me all ships have done away with the desk except the dream. I asked him if we could book once we got home for the $50 OBC and he said no. This is he first I have heard that there is no incentives now.

So I have been very busy the last 5 months and haven't been on CC much at all. Today we boarded the Legend to Alaska. I went to what I thought was the future cruise desk and spoke to someone there who told me all ships have done away with the desk except the dream. I asked him if we could book once we got home for the $50 OBC and he said no. This is he first I have heard that there is no incentives now.

This is mis-information.... You can book up to 2 weeks after your cruise for a $50 on-board credit. The system gives you that as a "special offer" under your VIFP number.

$50 may be $50, but $500 is $500, which is why it will be Princess for us going forward for long, pricey cruises.

Already made the change today from cruising Panama Canal on Miracle in January to doing it in November on Island Princess. We're now debating whether to switch the booking to the Alaska booking on Carnival or cash it in completely and use the gift card on our Breeze cruise. There are a lot of nice Alaska cruises out there at good prices...

And a nice thing about Princess is your FCC becomes your deposit.

This is mis-information.... You can book up to 2 weeks after your cruise for a $50 on-board credit. The system gives you that as a "special offer" under your VIFP number.

Thanks, I will check it out when I get back home.