Chilled soups

lag9122

I have been on a couple of cruises but I don't see anyone saying how good the chilled soups are do they still have them ? We are going on Millie next month I was looking forward to them .

I hope so since I really enjoy these. It seems that RCI is cutting back on them for some reason.

We did a B2B cruise on the Jewel (2 April 9 April) and chilled soups were offered every evening in the MDR. Pour some rum in the chilled soups and that would make them even better.

Edited by davekathy

As previously stated, they are offered occasionally. I don't think that Celebrity does them as well as some of the other cruise lines we have tried, but I do enjoy them.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

I have been on a couple of cruises but I don't see anyone saying how good the chilled soups are do they still have them ? We are going on Millie next month I was looking forward to them .

We have on our Celebrity cruises. We haven't cruised on the Millie though.

On our Silhouette cruise, there were no cold fruit soups served all week. We were disappointed. They did have chilled veggie soups every other day if I recall correctly.

As previously stated, they are offered occasionally. I don't think that Celebrity does them as well as some of the other cruise lines we have tried, but I do enjoy them.

They used to include them every night as part of their menu, back in the Michael Roux days.

They were excellent then, now on the limited occasions they appear, they're nothing special.

We have had chilled melon, peach, pear, strawberry, watermelon and blueberry soups over the years. Not one on our last cruise and we looked for them at lunch and dinner.. I thought they were delicious.

Is it possible that it's not a cutback but instead a response to customer feedback? I LOVE soup, eat it every day: at home and on my cruise. I refuse to eat chilled soup and actually only know one person that likes chilled soup. Think it has a limited audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got off the Eclipse about a week ago from the transatlantic cruise. In Blu they had chilled soups on the dinner menu at least twice. I don't have any interest in chilled soups, so I didn't try them, but I am sure they were offered.

Is it possible that it's not a cutback but instead a response to customer feedback? I LOVE soup, eat it every day: at home and on my cruise. I refuse to eat chilled soup and actually only know one person that likes chilled soup. Think it has a limited audience.

I'd be surprised. The old varieties (Daily) had many fans, and there was a lot of disappointed discussion here when they were discontinued. In contrast, I don't recall any feedback saying they were glad they were gone or that they shouldn't have been there to begin with.