How has trivia been on Equinox April/May 2017?

cruisestitch

how have the activities been? Music trivia? General knowledge? Any progressive games? Has it been fun?

Just off the Equinox on 5/5. No progressive games. There was a morning general knowledge trivia around 10AM, sometimes a music themed one either around 11AM or around 3PM before the 4PM general trivia. A couple times they worded it in the schedule as just "Afternoon trivia" at 4PM and the staff decided to choose their own topic (music since he was one of the DJs). A couple evenings featured music trivia as well.

They did mix it up a bit as far as location and whom was running the trivia so we learned to watch out for fellow teammates to keep them from going to the wrong location. They never cared about changing papers to check them and we did have a couple people try to argue answers but mostly it was fun. A few times it was a little "convenient" how often the winning team of that session spoke up after hearing everyone else's score and report that they had just one more point than the leading team. Alas, as Justin often pointed out, if you are cheating on trivia on vacation, you've got bigger problems.

They did employ a ticket based system where depending on the staff member the winning team got these tickets that were little white squares of paper that said "Celebrity Life Events". Some staff liked to dish out tickets to 2nd and 3rd place teams and others were strict about 1 per teammate versus just tossing a stack onto the table and having group members divvy it up. Near the end they had to give out real tickets like at a raffle because they "ran out." Not sure how you can run out of something I could have printed sheets off of in 5 minutes. On the last sea day after afternoon trivia, they told everyone who wanted to cash in thus earned tickets had to come to the Entertainment Court between 5:15 and 5:45PM to choose what they wanted to trade in their tickets for.

The funny thing was that half the stuff offered to trade for was stuff they gave out during other activities (tshirts, decks of cards, lanyards), and the rest was stuff from the gift shop like mugs but when I asked about trading for a hat I was told "Nope, we never got a new order in." Finished the trade in picking out 2 of the highest priced item of mini flash drives and headed to the gift shop who was more than happy to show me their 3 displays full of hats in exchange for our leftover onboard credit.

My trivia-minded husband and I were on the Eclipse in March.

The staff member in charge of the general knowledge trivia was obviously so bored that she showed absolutely no energy nor enthusiam in being there.

She couldn't have cared less if there was cheating going on or not.

One team had been on the Eclipse for 2 back to back and this was their third. The questions had not changed for any of those cruises and they came to each session with a notebook of all the previous questions and answers from the cruises. Naturally, they finished first - but we tied them a few times!

My trivia-minded husband and I were on the Eclipse in March.

The staff member in charge of the general knowledge trivia was obviously so bored that she showed absolutely no energy nor enthusiam in being there.

She couldn't have cared less if there was cheating going on or not.

One team had been on the Eclipse for 2 back to back and this was their third. The questions had not changed for any of those cruises and they came to each session with a notebook of all the previous questions and answers from the cruises. Naturally, they finished first - but we tied them a few times!

I have experienced the B2B/B2B2B phenomenon on quite a few cruises and do not get why folks do this all for a key chain.