Spring break questions

pabeachie

All school systems (in all the States) break at different times! Consider all spring to be "spring break"...but, there are never more bodies on the ship than the lifeboats dictate...so whether it's "spring break" or not...the ships sail full. Not a huge difference!

I have had this concern in the past, but have now taken 2 spring break cruises on Princess and not felt that children were an issue overrunning the ship.

I did a 7 day cruise one spring break and a 10 day the second spring break.

I would consider the cruise line and itinerary. I would do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when is it considered spring break , and is it a really bad time for cruises out of Florida during that time?

Have you considered using google to check " spring break 2018" ?

Colleges start in February and go until late April.

My kids have their break the first full week of March and I find that to be on the very early end. There are plenty of kids on board. Ur not as many as Christmas. Having tried more northern ports like Jax and Charleston, we have decided at that time of year Orlando or south is a must to ensure warm weather the whole spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on one spring break cruise a number of years ago. It was filled with college students who took over every single chair near the pool and every seat at the shows. Never again.

All school systems (in all the States) break at different times! Consider all spring to be "spring break"...but, there are never more bodies on the ship than the lifeboats dictate...so whether it's "spring break" or not...the ships sail full. Not a huge difference!

The big difference is during spring break, more of those bodies will be kids.

There is absolutely a difference. There is a big difference between sailing with all cabins full and all cabins full to capacity using the 3/4th passenger option.

I avoid pretty much everything from March to mid-April.

I have cruised many times during spring break and have found the week before Easter, Easter week and the week after Easter are the most crowded with the little darlings. Easter in 2018 falls on April 1 so if you want avoid children I would guess mid April forward would be less children.

Gary

Another thing to consider - the cruise port. We were on the Freedom of the Seas (12/13/15) out of Port Canaveral. We were told that the prior week there were 2000 children on the ship. Port Canaveral is basically the Orlando area - many more kids on those cruises compared to Port Everglades or Port of Tampa. Port Canaveral was more convenient for us - much closer to home - but I would be very cautious picking a cruise leaving from there.

When my husband worked for the school system, we always cruised during spring break, and the ships were always full. Sometimes it was annoying, like absolutely no room in the pool area, but usually it was manageable. The worst one was a class trip on a HAL ship, where the chaperones were worse than the high school kids. They (the adults) got a stern reprimand and warning from the captain.