How soon can I get to shore on tender?

We will be in Grand Cayman at the end of November on the Dream, scheduled to dock at 8AM (local time).

We have an independent excursion scheduled for 8:45.

I have been trying to get FTTF for a few months now, but have never seen it available.

My question is: Can we make the 8:45 meet up time if we don't have any kind of priority boarding privileges?

Do I need to keep trying to book FTTF, or can I reasonably expect to be able to catch a tender before 8:30?

Thanks cruisers!

Don't stress too much! The person you bought your excursion from will almost definitely not be a rookie and leave because you are running a few minutes late! These folks understand the process and will surely accommodate your getting off the ship!

We will be in Grand Cayman at the end of November on the Dream, scheduled to dock at 8AM (local time).

We have an independent excursion scheduled for 8:45.

I have been trying to get FTTF for a few months now, but have never seen it available.

My question is: Can we make the 8:45 meet up time if we don't have any kind of priority boarding privileges?

Do I need to keep trying to book FTTF, or can I reasonably expect to be able to catch a tender before 8:30?

Thanks cruisers!

While even with FTTF, 8:45 is pushing getting there.

Happily, most independents understand there are delays and will wait.

Don't stress too much! The person you bought your excursion from will almost definitely not be a rookie and leave because you are running a few minutes late! These folks understand the process and will surely accommodate your getting off the ship!

thanks! I just looked and there are only 2 ships in port that day - both arrive at 8 - so anyone else on the excursion will be in the same predicament as we are! Gonna take your advice and just not stress.

This is what the shore excursion people do for a living. They know ship's time, local time, when your ship docks, and when it departs. We book private excursions all the time. The best part for us about private excursions is booking a later excursion so we can relax, have breakfast, and get off the ship with no stress.

I disagree with the simplistic responses above, that "you'll be fine". This is not a dock, it's a tender port. Do you really think that with over 2000++ people on board and tenders taking maybe 200 each you'll just walk on a tender? Loads of people are going to want off the ship. IF you don't have any priority, or book a ship excursion you will be waiting. tender tickets will be given out, and I'd suggest you be in that line at least 30 minutes prior to the posting time, plus being ready to go ahead of time.

Also take into consideration where you meet up with the excursion. When we went with Captain Marvin, we had to meet at their shop which was a block or two away from where the tenders dropped us off.

My experience with non-Carnival excursions (and I have done plenty of them) is that regardless of when you arrive at the meeting point, there will always be someone else who arrives after you. The vendor wants your money, not once has a vendor left without all the parties who signed up. Their reputation and thus their livelihood depends on it.

You don't need to go get in line an hour or half hour early, but I would make some effort not to waste time getting ashore.

As stated, don't stress over this, once you complete this non-Carnival excursion, you will understand there is not reason to worry over these.

Thanks for all the tips, guys!

We did NOT prepay for this excursion - and the operator is one of the highest rated here and other sites, so I'm going to trust they know what they are talking about when they set the time.

I feel reassured and will not stress :)