Loyal "Royals" cruising on other lines??

We are Diamond on Royal and have enjoyed all of our cruises. I was wondering how many of you that are loyal to Royal actually book with another cruise line. Do you choose the other because of the ports or price that is offered or do you just cruise with Royal because of the status that you have with them?? Just wondering:)

Thanks and have a nice day.

We pretty well stick now to RCI and Celebrity although we will sail DCL if they offer some good Florida resident rates. It's kind of like having "Golden Handcuffs" after you reach Diamond or above as you don't want to start over somewhere else.

I've done Disney and NCL (mostly for the kids), mostly for the price point -- swtiched to NCL because their Xmas cruise price was more reasonable. If you go to NCL, and lucky enough to get into the Haven rooms -- I think you might just "jump ship"...

Perks for RCCL Diamond better than NCL....

We have switched over to another cruise line based on itinerary. We reached D+ on RCI and we know we will never make Pinnacle so we have switched to Celebrity and have enjoyed that line. We get Elite status based on our D+ status on RCI.

We do find that RCI pricing has become rather stiff. We have been getting a better deal going on Celebrity.

We currently have 5 booked on RC, 1 Booked on NCL, and 1 booked on CCL. Just got off NCL a week ago and going on RC in two weeks. Sail X once or twice a year also.

We like RC (D+) for the C&A perks, same with X (Elite). NCL's not too generous (Platinum), but better food IMO. Just starting back with CCL (Gold) for a little more variety (good pizza).

Edited by P&C4/16/67
add

I've been thinking of moving over to MSC as they do a status match. Also wanting to try NCL.

While it will be nice to hit Diamond, we will never hit Pinnacle so we almost feel more free to shop around.

We've sailed on almost all of them, but tend to alternate Princess and Royal. Platinum on both which is fine. We may or not reach another level, but are happy with priority check in and on Princess, 250 free internet minutes for each of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We do find that RCI pricing has become rather stiff. We have been getting a better deal going on Celebrity.

I would be interested in knowing how you get better deals on Celebrity. We have been wanting to try them but every time I price for a similar cabin like we get on Royal, size, room features, amenities, OBC, etc., Celebrity is nearly twice as much as Royal.

I know we will never reach Pinnacle so we would like to try others, mainly to see other ports Royal does not sail to, but I can't seem to justify the prices!

We are loyal to Royal...have a RCCL credit card.....BUT our last 2 cruises were on other lines. We went on Carnival ONLY (we don't like Carnival) because it was the only cruise line that sailed out of New Orleans and we really wanted to do that. And last fall, we sailed Princess (really liked Princess!) because it was the only line that sailed the Panama Canal in the fall which fit into our schedule. Now we are getting ready to book a cruise for next spring and are pretty much planning to book it on Royal.

The more we cruise, we get bored with some of RCCL itineraries...but they are starting to change things up a bit. We would love to sail the Mexican Rivera and may have to stray again to do that.

With 40plus cruises on Royal, I guess you could say we've been loyal:D and Royal is usually my first pick but we've also started cruising on Celebrity and will probably check out MSC & NCL.

We have no plans or desire to get to Pinnacle, we both feel the D+ perks are great so no need to reach Pinnacle. Celebrity has had some deals lately that have been to good to pass up so I see us cruising less & less on Royal.

Sherri:)

I haven't cruised a ton, but would consider myself loyal to Royal. However I am open to trying other lines to give me more variety of departure ports (like New Orleans and Boston), and sailing routes (Panama Canal). None of the status perks are worth enough to me to make me choose royal Caribbean over a more enticing or convenient cruise with another line, but I do like the "product" I get with RC and feel it is consistent enough across the ships I've sailed to know that I'll like what I get.

If I want to take a cruise, I start with looking at RC, but have looked at other lines if an RC ship isn't available where I want to be. For example I'm sailing NCL in a couple weeks because RC wasn't available, but I also have a future RC cruise booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've got 10 cruises under our belt---9 of them with RCCL. Cruised on Holland 1 time & it was horrible! We've got 2 more booked with RCCL. We'll be Diamond by then so we may try another cruise line at that point. Problem is, we can never find a good price on other cruise lines. If we can't find a good price, we don't book it. That way we can do 2 cruises a year instead of 1.

We are Diamond on Royal and have enjoyed all of our cruises. I was wondering how many of you that are loyal to Royal actually book with another cruise line. Do you choose the other because of the ports or price that is offered or do you just cruise with Royal because of the status that you have with them?? Just wondering:)

Thanks and have a nice day.

Being loyal to Royal or any other cruise line makes no sense to me. I have booked different cruise lines, Azamara, Carnival, Celebrity, Cunard, Holland America, NCL, and Princess and will continue to do so. Plus look at lines I have not yet been in. I look at the ports, the price, the ships. Status, I am Diamond but that has little influence with my bookings. Royal is pretty run of the mill, in the middle of the pack, so I tend to book other lines before Royal.

Royal has been, and still is my line of choice, but I have also sailed MSC, NCL and Princess. Sometimes because of price, perks, or itineraries. Right now I'm booked on MSC for 2018, and the Symphony for 2019. There may also be a NCL cruise on the Bliss in 2019. The price between the Bliss and the Symphony are about the same, but with the Bliss I also get the drink and dining packages.I have $200.00 OBC on Royal.

We sailed NCL for the first time last September after doing 4 Royal Caribbean cruises. The deals are just too good and RCCL pricing is just very high and the sales they have are BS.

Even though I didn't love Breakaway, it was nice but not my favorite, and I hated the Manhattan terminal I'm still looking at them for next year after our Anthem cruise in September. Royal to me just very high, no real deal or sales.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

RC is probably my favourite line but we've done quite a few others. Over the years with having two children price has been quite an important factor, as sometimes the deal for children can be brilliant with one company but awful with another. Ironically we have 2 weeks on Navigator this summer in a GS and my 10 month old daughter is £1,500. My two boys are in an OS with my parents and they are £1500 also but as teenagers will utilise a lot more of the ships facilities and food, but that's the cruise we want to do.

Other than that itinerary is very important, days at sea and ease of getting there.

I will say though that trying different lines has probably kept me interested in cruising so much. If they had all been with one company I don't think I'd still be as keen.

I started with RCL on Sovereign and then skipped cruising many years. Went back and did one HAL on Eurodam and then returned to RCL until Diamond. Next year I'm trying Celebrity mainly because of the dedicated suite restaurants. Have not tried Allure or Oasis. No kids.

RCI was my go-to line for a while. Then I branched out and realized what I was missing. I think fresh, new experiences are so much better than loyalty perks and same-old itineraries.

RCI was my go-to line for a while. Then I branched out and realized what I was missing. I think fresh, new experiences are so much better than loyalty perks and same-old itineraries.

This pretty well sums up why we are loyal only to ourselves. I don't want to sail the same itineraries over and over again on the same ships, with the same menus, same shows etc. Boring. I have yet to find a single perk on any line that would make me give up the variety I love.