Harmony Horrors!!

Wolfie, we have to cruise together sometime. I never meet anyone as interesting as you when i am on the ship...

jc - come on Liberty 10/29. Our little group is even more interesting in person. :D :D You and I definitely share the same sense of humor. Now if we can grab yorkvillain, A&L Ontario and johngalt the party would be complete! :eek:

I am waiting for the influx of threads of people finding dentures in their cabin safes and wanting to return them to their rightful owners. :D

I meant other valuables of course. Cannot think of any reasons people would steal dentures. :)

I think it is a reasonable expectation that you can leave things in your room without the fear of something being thrown away or stolen.

People forget things all the time my dad went to golf the other day and forgot to put his teeth in, it happens. I went to work one day without a shirt on 😲

I don't blame the steward, RCCL have created an environment where the Stewards are under enormous amount of pressure to clear rooms fast. RCCL are responsible for creating this environment where people's property can be thrown away.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I think it is a reasonable expectation that you can leave things in your room without the fear of something being thrown away or stolen.

People forget things all the time my dad went to golf the other day and forgot to put his teeth in, it happens. I went to work one day without a shirt on 😲

I don't blame the steward, RCCL have created an environment where the Stewards are under enormous amount of pressure to clear rooms fast. RCCL are responsible for creating this environment where people's property can be thrown away.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I´ve said this before, but I doubt the dentals sat openly on the Counter and were thrown out. Of Course non of us know and most likely not even the OP knows, but I´d put my Money on the fact that the dentals were wrapped up in either a towel or wash Cloth, or tissue.

I don´t think the stateroom attendant should have to examine anything they throw out from the bathroom. It has nothing to do with how fast they have to clean. It would be simply yukky for them having to examine every tissue :eek:.

I doubt we´ll hear back from OP though.

I work in a senior housing industry. Unfortunately, seniors take and wrap hearing aides and dentures in tissue and leave them around. When housekeeping comes in, regardless of size of the wad of tissue, it is still used looking tissue to them. The expectation is that the senior safeguards these items in a fashion that they are taught to do when they are issued them.

So many people chose not to do this, and when they lose them because they didn't store them properly, they want someone else to be responsible.

This was an expensive lesson for the OP and her husband. But I am sure they will store them properly (if this was the case) next time.

The title Harmony Horrors was a little excessive.

You make no sense!! I think you need another drink ocean boy!! We don't eat Mexican food by the way.. you know a coworker told me how great this site is... I guess you get all kinds

He makes sense because your post said your husband couldn't eat "freaky" food. :o

Not as bad as your situation, but the steward threw away my razor once. It had a replaceable razor head. I figured she dropped it and the head popped off so she thought she broke it.

This is a great site to get info. I can't believe I ever cruised without it. Stuff like always get insurance. Never fly in the day of. Mom didn't heed that advise and missed her Easter Island cruise while she was stuck on the tarmac.

I work in a senior housing industry. Unfortunately, seniors take and wrap hearing aides and dentures in tissue and leave them around. When housekeeping comes in, regardless of size of the wad of tissue, it is still used looking tissue to them. The expectation is that the senior safeguards these items in a fashion that they are taught to do when they are issued them.

So many people chose not to do this, and when they lose them because they didn't store them properly, they want someone else to be responsible.

This was an expensive lesson for the OP and her husband. But I am sure they will store them properly (if this was the case) next time.

The title Harmony Horrors was a little excessive.

The saying ' Attack is the best form of defence' is what has happened here i think.

He makes sense because your post said your husband couldn't eat "freaky" food. :o

Not as bad as your situation, but the steward threw away my razor once. It had a replaceable razor head. I figured she dropped it and the head popped off so she thought she broke it.

This is a great site to get info. I can't believe I ever cruised without it. Stuff like always get insurance. Never fly in the day of. Mom didn't heed that advise and missed her Easter Island cruise while she was stuck on the tarmac.

Great advice with a touch of humour makes for compulsive reading.

The one thing I have yet to figure out is why the room steward leaves my empty cocktail glasses on the counter for the duration of the cruise? Maybe it is to remind me how much I drank and helps me figure out if the drink package was worth it. :D

The one thing I have yet to figure out is why the room steward leaves my empty cocktail glasses on the counter for the duration of the cruise? Maybe it is to remind me how much I drank and helps me figure out if the drink package was worth it. :D

Maybe you should put some teeth in the glass!! Bound to go then.

Too funny, as I've experienced and wondered the same thing!

The glasses too.

I thought "Who shot Jr" from Dynasty was a cliff hanger. This beats that by miles. I am hiring writers to finish the story since the original person that started this thread has disappeared. We may need help with the title though. We are kicking around a few names "Half Bitten At Sea" & "Denture Venture" Any name suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

I thought "Who shot Jr" from Dynasty was a cliff hanger. This beats that by miles. I am hiring writers to finish the story since the original person that started this thread has disappeared. We may need help with the title though. We are kicking around a few names "Half Bitten At Sea" & "Denture Venture" Any name suggestions would be much appreciated.

You mean Dallas??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once bitten twice shy.

Their comments to RC will be toothless.