Serenade of Seas Condition

We have been reading posts how the SOS really needs some updating. Would like to hear from recent cruisers on the condition of the ship. We are scheduled to sail on her in October. Heard that beds are not very comfortable & that crate toppers are not available. Any information would be appreciated.

We have been reading posts how the SOS really needs some updating. Would like to hear from recent cruisers on the condition of the ship. We are scheduled to sail on her in October. Heard that beds are not very comfortable & that crate toppers are not available. Any information would be appreciated.

No it's in pretty good shape. Last 3yrs spent 33-44 days yr on Serenade, another 32 days on 4 cruises this fall. They paint, replace worn carpet and do up keep all the time. All mattresses were replaced few months ago, firm but not as hard as old ones.

We totally enjoyed our cruise on Serenade last February. Had no problem sleeping on the mattress, and no problems of any kind that I can remember either.

We were also on Serenade this past February and I concur with Islandlady, no upkeep or housekeeping problems. Beds were fine (but, like food, quite subjective to each individual)>

Had a partial refit in port last year didn't it? Not a full dry dock overhaul but the one where they take it out of service for 1-2 weeks when it gets to a new port and refresh things beyond regular wear&tear maintenance.

We were on the Serenade in April and thought the ship was in great shape.

The only down-side is that we had an inside cabin on deck 7 (7579)- one floor above the crown and castle pub,

and we could hear the entertainer singing and the audience cheering every night until about 12:30 or 12:40.

I would sometimes turn to my wife and say - "i kinda like that song" It was really loud in our room

On her in March. One of my favorites. The beds were softer then Liberty, no topper even though we had asked pre cruise. The pool bottom needed painting badly but otherwise she's in good shape. Would love to sail on her again anytime. All ships get wear and tear as they are in heavy constant use.

Had a partial refit in port last year didn't it? Not a full dry dock overhaul but the one where they take it out of service for 1-2 weeks when it gets to a new port and refresh things beyond regular wear&tear maintenance.

No, it's having it's 5 yr Marine side Dry Dock early Nov 2017. Only a quick 2 week one...

I sailed on the Serenade last year and thought she was in pretty good shape. Didn't notice anything untoward. Is she brand spanking new like a Harmony - no. Is she old and decrepit - no. For her age she's doing quite well.

We were on her for 10 days in February...no complaints from us whatsoever. My wife & I think it was one of the best cruises we had. Wonderful crew & Captain. LIke you I got a bit concerned just prior to the trip from reading some negative posts. Looking back, it was totally unwarranted You'll love it.

We spent 10 days on her in April. The ship is in fine shape. The beds were firm, but definitely not uncomfortable (had one of the best naps of my life on the bed one afternoon). Of the 60+ days we've spend at sea, the SOS provided us 10 of our favorites.

We are on her this coming Saturday, so will update if I remember when on board, we have the internet package, so hopefully it will be surficant to update:o other than that, you will have to wait for my review once home :cool:

Why, you have at least 12 positive responses about Serenade. You can always find someone who is negative if you look hard enough. They are generally negative about other things too.

Yep, you got that right.

We booked August 2018 St Petersburg and the following TA.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app