What was your favorite NCL cruise?

The Star to the Norwegian Fjords in 2015. Everything just came together... the crew, the scenery, the size of the ship, etc. We stayed on the ship the whole time and the MDR was open for lunch most days, which spoiled us. We're doing a similar itinerary on the Jade next month and I'm hoping it will come close to that magical Star journey.

My favorite NCL cruise was my first sailing on the Seaward. NCL was a different line back then with top notch service, and I was so excited to be on such a big ship compared to my previous sailing on the Sunward II.

I know I'm in the minority on this particular board but I think Freestyle ruined their grace.

yes, you are probably in the minority. That is why all lines have pretty much adopted a form of Free Style. It is very popular overall and yes, NCL, like most lines have changed, not all for the better but in many ways it is better.!!

My favorite cruise: it is a tie: the Seaward, yes. It was a family cruise, out grand daughters first so very exciting for them. At that time we had cruised abot 3 other lines, but none with a ship as big as the Seaward. That almost seems funny now.

Our other favorite was the Jewel. We sailed her on her first crossing from London to New York city. It was a 10 day cruise, great northern Atlantic ports, no one had ever slept in our cabin before, the crew was working very hard to make it the perfect cruise, plus we had just spent 5 days in Poland wiht our daughter and son in law who were working there at the time and we id a few days in NYC plus a couple in London.

yes, you are probably in the minority. That is why all lines have pretty much adopted a form of Free Style. It is very popular overall and yes, NCL, like most lines have changed, not all for the better but in many ways it is better.!!

Perhaps a little further explanation. Back in the early 90s, I loved NCL. I cruised Seaward 3 times in a row. The last, as Norwegian Sea, was right after they went to Freestyle. The cruise was a mess. Service was terrible. Crew was miserable. That ship was not Freestyle friendly. It was an awful cruise...so bad, it was 10 years before we tried NCL again.

So my all time favorite NCL cruise still stands as my very first Seaward cruise.

All of my cruises have been memorable in their own way but this one sticks out. On a whim, I called NCL CAS to see if I could get a free one night cruise on the NCL Gem on December 21, 2007. They offered my DW and I and inside cabin for free with port charges of about $99.00. We had heard how fun and crazy those one nighters can be out of NYC and since we both worked in the city we could just grab a cab over after work and be on the ship for a fun night on the seas. So now the plot thickens!! We get to check in and the agent at the desk says they have given my cabin away. All of this even after I paid and had a confirmation. After about a half hour of complaining and negotiating a manager from NCL approached and apologized and said the best they could do was give us another cabin and it would be at no additional charge. I said fine and was just happy to get on board. They handed us our room keys and told us we would be in a forward facing penthouse suite and they we sorry for the inconvenience. Hell Yeah I'll take that!!!!!!!!!! So we skip on board or was it floating, over the luck we just had and we notice signs posted all over for AMEX card holders that this was a special cruise sponsored by AMEX for its priviledged card holders???????????? Well, as it turns out tonight's Celebrity chef cooking for this cruise is none other than Bobby Flay!!!! WOW this is gonna be great!! OK so we continue to our cabin and OMG it is amazing? Our first time in a suite. On the bed is a special booklet for tonight's activities with two VIP tickets to tonight's concert. HUH????? Well, as I read further tonight's special guest performance was by Grammy Award winning performed John Legend. This can't be true??? All I can say is that besides the fantastic meal prepared by Bobby and the NCL chefs as well as the unbelievable performance by John Legend in such a small private theater it was hands down one of the best cruises anyone will ever imagine and surely my DW and I will never forget as we got to meet both of the celebrities on board and chat with them. They were both so nice and down to earth and Bobby even gave us one of his signed books for free.

My very first cruise on NCL. On the Norwegian Gem in 2009. Is the cruise that got me hooked and never looked back. I now prefer taking cruises as opposed to going to a particular destination, for now that works for me, it may change in the future.

I have loved all my cruises on NCL, but my two favorites have been Glacier Bay from Seattle on the Pearl and Canada and New England from Boston to Quebec City on the Dawn. Both places had such fabulous scenery, and I truly enjoyed the excursions that I took. Also, I enjoyed spending some time in the departure cities before the cruise.

I would have to say my first NCL cruise - the Eastern Mediterranean on the Jade. So many interesting ports headed by Istanbul which was a last minute substitution for Egypt at the very start of Arab Spring. My wife would probably say the Baltic Cruise on the Star.

All of my cruises have been memorable in their own way but this one sticks out. On a whim, I called NCL CAS to see if I could get a free one night cruise on the NCL Gem on December 21, 2007. They offered my DW and I and inside cabin for free with port charges of about $99.00. We had heard how fun and crazy those one nighters can be out of NYC and since we both worked in the city we could just grab a cab over after work and be on the ship for a fun night on the seas. So now the plot thickens!! We get to check in and the agent at the desk says they have given my cabin away. All of this even after I paid and had a confirmation. After about a half hour of complaining and negotiating a manager from NCL approached and apologized and said the best they could do was give us another cabin and it would be at no additional charge. I said fine and was just happy to get on board. They handed us our room keys and told us we would be in a forward facing penthouse suite and they we sorry for the inconvenience. Hell Yeah I'll take that!!!!!!!!!! So we skip on board or was it floating, over the luck we just had and we notice signs posted all over for AMEX card holders that this was a special cruise sponsored by AMEX for its priviledged card holders???????????? Well, as it turns out tonight's Celebrity chef cooking for this cruise is none other than Bobby Flay!!!! WOW this is gonna be great!! OK so we continue to our cabin and OMG it is amazing? Our first time in a suite. On the bed is a special booklet for tonight's activities with two VIP tickets to tonight's concert. HUH????? Well, as I read further tonight's special guest performance was by Grammy Award winning performed John Legend. This can't be true??? All I can say is that besides the fantastic meal prepared by Bobby and the NCL chefs as well as the unbelievable performance by John Legend in such a small private theater it was hands down one of the best cruises anyone will ever imagine and surely my DW and I will never forget as we got to meet both of the celebrities on board and chat with them. They were both so nice and down to earth and Bobby even gave us one of his signed books for free.

I smiled thru this entire post. How wonderful for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is pure magic! Incredible! :hearteyes:

Last october went with my son to the Med on Epic ...really enjoyed the cruise ..did loads of shopping was very well treated by Richard and his staff .He went home I stayed on til Port Canaveral .This cruise was awesome in spite of my cold ....i was sent ginger tea to nip it ...Thank you

Richard ...i was so very well treated

I loved breakfast in Haven and the quiet of

Haven pool ....the shows were fabulous ...our meals in spe ialty restaurants were yummy ...service was excellent .....i really enjoyed my B 6 large balcony

All I can say Epic is still one of my very favorite ships ...Im tempted to do it again

It was my sons first cruise after many years ....fear of flying kicked in ....he loved it ...wants to go back again ...even wanted to stay on but it was not possible

We had a great time ..enjoyed the ports ...lovely weather

It was really quite nice

Hope to do it again ....

Michele

Perhaps a little further explanation. Back in the early 90s, I loved NCL. I cruised Seaward 3 times in a row. The last, as Norwegian Sea, was right after they went to Freestyle. The cruise was a mess. Service was terrible. Crew was miserable. That ship was not Freestyle friendly. It was an awful cruise...so bad, it was 10 years before we tried NCL again.

So my all time favorite NCL cruise still stands as my very first Seaward cruise.

oh, I understand how you feel about your first cruise; we too loved the Seaward or Sea as it was changed; cruised her more than once, but I am simply saying, Freestyle is very popular. that is why other lines have adopted the policy in some form or another. And yes, at the beginning it was a disaster. Actually it took a few years before it was perfected. The ships built for free style were just that, designed for the concept. The "before" freestyle ships never worked.

Majesty Boston to Bermuda. First cruise ever and held our wedding in Frame 52 with 50 family members and friends before departing on our honeymoon. Straight to life boat drill after the reception. Then we ate at the Italian restaurant in the bow while sailing out of Boston harbor. Loved it so much we did it again on our 1st wedding anniversary as well as several other times since.

Heading out next week for our 5th Boston to Bermuda cruise and booked La Cucina for dinner. It's as close as we can get to revisiting our wedding experience. Can't wait!

Second would be the Sky weekend cruise. I ran a Navy Reunion on it in 2015. So I guess if you need help organizing a ship board function, know that NCL doe as a great job.