EQUINOX DEUX - 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean - PV Trip Report 3/13/17

FRMPEI

Hi Arzeena,

Thank You! I am really looking forward to getting this report going. It took me quite a while to get this thread started.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

When you have time, could you post links to your previous 2 reports please? I would love to read them as well. Thanks.

When you have time, could you post links to your previous 2 reports please? I would love to read them as well. Thanks.

Arzeena,

The links are there in Kevins signature, click on expand signature, you'll love them

Hello Kevin!

Looking forward to reading your trip report. Your reports are always fun to follow.

I have a question. I'm on the Summit Canada/New England cruise that calls at PEI on Wednesday, 18 October 2017. Have tried contacting Duncan at Duncan's Island Tours, but no response. Can you recommend a good tour guide? Thanks!

lajessen at yahoo dot com

Hi Linda,

Glad to see you found this trip report. I sent you a reply via personal e-mail regarding your question on Duncan Tours.

Photo of Celebrity Summit docked in Charlottetown Sept 2016

DSC05870-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin.

We have been waiting with baited breath for the trip report.

Now we are aware of the reason for delaying it. Can I offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your mum.It was obviously a difficult time.

It was great to meet you and Donna and your cruise mates.

Really looking forward to your report.

Wes and Liz.

Hello Wes and Liz,

It was pleasure running into you guys at the CC meet and greet. So glad you said hello to Ken and I. Stayed tuned I am sure you will.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

So sorry for your loss, Kevin. My thoughts and prayer go out to you and yours...

Looking forward to your trip report.

Hi cruisecatmama,

Thank You! I am not making much progress tonight waiting for my first set of photos to upload. Our "hi-speed" internet is not so fast in rural PEI.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

ITINERARY

I am going to steal something from "Bimmer09" recent Celebrity Reflection review where he displayed a picture with text to detail the cruise itinerary. Thank you Norris royalty cheque is not in the mail.

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale on the Friday before and I basically had three days of cruise ship watching from the 17th Street Causeway bridge. DSC08641itenPrecruise-XL.jpg

No surprises here Day 1 starts out from Fort Lauderdale. DSC09211ItenDay01-XL.jpg

Day 2 the traditional at Sea Day and the cruise critic Meet and Greet. Are you anywhere in this pic?

DSC09377ItenDay02-XL.jpg

Day 3 another at Sea Day where we try our luck at the slot pull. Guess who came in second?

DSC09496ItenDay03-XL.jpg

Day 4 our first port day and we take an excursion to a Dole banana plantation.

DSC09773ItenDay04-XL.jpg

Day 5 brings us to an excursion of the Panama Canal. You wouldn't want to miss this one.

DSC00238ItenDay05-XL.jpg

I am only allowed six image so this ITINERARY post will have to continue into my next two posts.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello back to you neighbour. (autocorrect tried to take out the "u" in neighbour)

So how close of a neighbour are we? Thanks for joining in.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin

So very sorry about your Mum.

We live in Oyster Bed.

Looking forward to reading your review... We enjoyed the same cruise two weeks later and booked the ABC Islands for next April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ITINERARY cont'd

Day 6 The first of two days in the historic city of Cartagena

DSC00887ItenDay06-XL.jpg

Day 7 overnight stay in Cartagena and discovery of the neatest Duty Free Shop

DSC01571ItenDay07-XL.jpg

Day 8 is our third day at Sea

DSC01846ItenDay08-2-XL.jpg

Day 9 Grand Cayman our first time back since 2013

DSC02201Iten09-XL.jpg

Day 10 Cozumel. We come along side Equinox's younger sister Silhouette. We have a Segway excursion booked...maybe!

DSC02892ItenDay10-XL.jpg

Day 11 the fourth at Sea Day. Hurry up and make sure I have all the video clips I will want.

DSC03130ItenDay11-XL.jpg

Just one more picture in the next post to complete this ITINERARY.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

ITINERARY cont'd

"It's over Johnny" and we are back in Port Everglades. Let's have some fun and pull the fire alarm so we can leave our fifth spot from a US customs agent. Maybe you can see yourself in picture? No?

DSC01824ItenDay12-XL.jpg

Day 1 Mon 3/13/17 FLL

Day 2 Tue 3/14/17 At Sea

Day 3 Wed 3/15/17 At Sea

Day 4 Thu 3/16/17 Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Day 5 Fri 3/17/17 Colon, Panama

Day 6 Sat 3/18/17 Cartagena, Columbia

Day 7 Sun 3/19/17 Cartagena, Columbia

Day 8 Mon 3/20/17 At Sea

Day 9 Tue 3/21/17 Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Day 10 Wed 3/22/17 Cozumel, Mexico

Day 11 Thu 3/23/17 At Sea

Day 12 Fri 3/24/17 FLL Back Home

For the longest time when Equinox would return to the Caribbean from the Mediterranean she would rotate on a 10 and 11 day Ultimate Caribbean Cruise. We have done the 10 day itinerary twice, 2010 and 2014, but this was our first time doing the 11 night side of the rotation. Looks like this was the last season for Equinox to do the 10 and 11 nights that route will be turned over to Reflection in 2018. Guess what? We have the 10 night booked on Reflection for 2018 we a planned group of eight of us.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin

So very sorry about your Mum.

We live in Oyster Bed.

Looking forward to reading your review... We enjoyed the same cruise two weeks later and booked the ABC Islands for next April.

Thank You! I just couldn't remember the user name. You will have to blow your horn at me when you drive past our house and I am out cutting grass on my Kubota Zero Turn.

DSC02779-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello pretty princess,

I have some neat pictures of you guys coming into Port Everglades early in the morning shot from our hotel room that I will share. An exciting morning for us but, I am sure it was quite a downer for you guys?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thank you, We had such a great time we booked another for February.

Looking forward to your report. We have done Equinox twice and am anxious to return!

Hi lola,

Yes! Equinox and the other "S" class ship are beautiful. We have done Equinox three times, Solstice once, and Silhouette three times. I think I am partial to Silhouette mainly because of the Lawn Club Grill vs Glass show. Stay tuned hope to get some more TR done tonight.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi lola,

Yes! Equinox and the other "S" class ship are beautiful. We have done Equinox three times, Solstice once, and Silhouette three times. I think I am partial to Silhouette mainly because of the Lawn Club Grill vs Glass show. Stay tuned hope to get some more TR done tonight.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We were on Reflection this past March...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Lawn Club Grill. Both lunch and dinner were amazing. Obviously needed to save room for the delicious warm chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream. :p

Grea photos, how did you plan you canal trip? Thanks

Hello Tiggertastic,

Of course I will detail our Canal Excursion later in the Trip Report. We booked thru the ship and this was one port we had no intention of trying to book on our own. Our travel partners and us sat down one evening and looked at what Celebrity had to offer for Panama. This was longest excursion we have ever taken. The ship was scheduled to leave Colon at 5:00PM and from my memory without my notes at hand had us returning back at almost 6:30 PM. It was a great tour a little on the expensive side. I will have lots to say and tons of photos to share on the Panama Canal. Please stay tuned.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thank you, We had such a great time we booked another for February.

Did you re-book for Equinox in February or are you doing a similar itinerary on Reflection in February?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Yay ... another FRMPEI report. I love your reports and pictures. Along for the ride and this one is even sweeter as I will be on the Equinox 10 day next May so very relevant, though not the same itinerary.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

HI Kevin.

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your Dear Mother. My warmest condolences to you and your family.

We're sailing on Equinox in 2 weeks, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming installments of your Trip Report.

Yay ... another FRMPEI report. I love your reports and pictures. Along for the ride and this one is even sweeter as I will be on the Equinox 10 day next May so very relevant, though not the same itinerary.

Hi poffles,

Thanks for coming along for another ride and hello fellow maritimer.

Regards

Kevin Reid

HI Kevin.

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your Dear Mother. My warmest condolences to you and your family.

We're sailing on Equinox in 2 weeks, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming installments of your Trip Report.

Hi Andy,

Thank you! Have a great one on Equinox. I am sure I will be still writing this report when you get back.

Regards

Kevin Reid