Wonder of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 hour ago, billaraneta said:

Why Wonder of the Seas has a Chinese Character in the signage?

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Because RCI is too cheap and can't be bothered to change them from original design.

I recall a French article mentioning that while in Marseille, they will alter the signage and vessel designed for the Chinese market. Modifications to certain premises, in particular the kitchens, are also planned before its crossing of the Atlantic.

We'll have to see what happens.

2 hours ago, billaraneta said:

By November 2022 Wonder of the Seas will sail in Asia.

I am on Wonder 2022 doing two loops around the Med out of Barcelona last two weeks of October 2022, then staying on during November doing a TA from Barcelona to Port Canaveral Florida.   

Are you sure Wonder is still going to Asia?  Would have to do a really quick trip over from Florida to make it there.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

I recall a French article mentioning that while in Marseille, they will alter the signage and vessel designed for the Chinese market. Modifications to certain premises, in particular the kitchens, are also planned before its crossing of the Atlantic.

We'll have to see what happens.

You haven’t got more on the signage Lloyd?

That’s very interesting and I don’t read French.

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Please ignore him, not sure even RCI has decided where Wonder will go. 

I didn't want to be rude...but wanted to mention it nicely that I thought it was an odd statement considering where Wonder will be in mid November.  😉 

Nice ending for us...just a taxi ride home from the end of the TA when she arrives in PC.  🤗

On 10/30/2021 at 5:56 AM, compman9 said:

I greatly approve of the back of the ship being enclosed - It can get pretty cold back there

However, I can't help thinking it would have made sense to incorporate projection screens on those new panels - a bit like the back of 270

It could have been the biggest screen in the world and aside from a few projectors, the cost could have been relatively minimal (in cruise ship design terms)

Great for outdoor movies and screen shows, as well

Maybe it will, time will tell

The amount of firepower it would take projectors to project a usable image on outdoor screens like that would make the cost prohibitive. Two70 uses 18 Panasonic 8k lumen projectors to create the Vistarama...but that venue also has dual curtains at the back that eliminate a lot of outside light. It would be very difficult to enclose that area enough to not have to use insanely powerful projectors. Projectors would have to be stacked to be able to use those screens in the daylight hours, so the very-stable (and bright) Daktronics LED walls they're using are actually a cost-effective solution for usable screens in the Aqua Theatre.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, miraflores said:

The amount of firepower it would take projectors to project a usable image on outdoor screens like that would make the cost prohibitive. Two70 uses 18 Panasonic 8k lumen projectors to create the Vistarama...but that venue also has dual curtains at the back that eliminate a lot of outside light. It would be very difficult to enclose that area enough to not have to use insanely powerful projectors. Projectors would have to be stacked to be able to use those screens in the daylight hours, so the very-stable (and bright) Daktronics LED walls they're using are actually a cost-effective solution for usable screens in the Aqua Theatre.

This. The cost of LED walls has come down considerably in recent years, as well. And compared to the cost of the projectors they'd need to make that happen, the LED walls are the smart choice (both visually and fiscally).