Princess EZ Air anything but

Bobcubsfan

I agree. My trip... Boston to Seattle to Fairbanks and then home, Vancouver to Seattle to Boston, is $650 pp. I chose the flexible EZAir and adjusted/re-booked three times later to get that price. The times were perfect and no red-eyes. I chose connection times under three hours each way (could have chosen less, but didn't want to chance it). No one I could find could beat the price for the times I wanted.

My issue was not the price so much as the inability to do anything. We had a chance this morning to change our horrible flights to/from LHR from LAX to non-stops, and save some money too, but kept getting an error. Someone from the cruise planning department called us. He offered us plane fares that were $600 more than we already paid. We said okay, what can you do to compensate us? Comp gratuities? Onboard credit? Sorry, I CAN'T do that. Yes, he used the "C" word, so we used the "N" word: NEVER. As in we will probably never sail with Princess again.

My issue was not the price so much as the inability to do anything. We had a chance this morning to change our horrible flights to/from LHR from LAX to non-stops, and save some money too, but kept getting an error. Someone from the cruise planning department called us. He offered us plane fares that were $600 more than we already paid. We said okay, what can you do to compensate us? Comp gratuities? Onboard credit? Sorry, I CAN'T do that. Yes, he used the "C" word, so we used the "N" word: NEVER. As in we will probably never sail with Princess again.

I agree, it's a lousy service. Would I have dropped Princess altogether because of this, probably not. I recently took a Celebrity cruise and everything about their online website is hopeless and I swore I would stay with Princess in the future. However after taking the Celebrity cruise I relaxed....until the next time I cruise with them I guess.

Your story probably just confirms why I have gone back to using Travel Agents. I am on Royal Princess soon and my TA had booked the cruise and air flights separately. The next day she called and said she could save me $550 by packaging the cruise and flights together - same cabin and same Emirates flights. I checked my Cruise Personalizer and I see that my flights are now through EZair. By using a TA I had none of your frustration. I book things on-line all the time but I was sick of the problems like you encountered so I just expect my TA to sort through it all, plus you get the chance of things like OBC which you don't often get booking yourself.

Hopefully this all works out for you.

Good luck to you. If you purchased the flexible fare, you might be able to find something better before the cut off date?

Good luck to you. If you purchased the flexible fare, you might be able to find something better before the cut off date?

Missing the point. We were unable to choose any change in flights because of an error message. It could have been free and it would not have mattered. This is pure bait and switch. Show an item at a price, but, oh, not available at THAT price. Want to pay more? Then maybe you can buy it. But not in this case. Impossible to correct. We canceled the cruise.

My experience has been good - we are leaving for Rome on Sunday with EZ air booking - flying business class - never had a problem at all and - changed the flights 3 times because there were better fares posted and there was never an issue and the price is incredible compared to booking direct with the airlines..we were able to select seats from the start and all is good so no complaints here.

eclue

i use ezair most of the time as i usually have to fly in the day of the cruise.

your issue has only happened to me once. i went through the whole booking process then an error message...i tried 3 times. called princess... they got error message also... twice... (*that wasn't a waste of time at all* snark intended)... phone rep finally called ezair department... it turns out one segment of my booking was the issue. they couldn't fix it and i had to select new (yes, more expensive flights.) still cheaper than what i could book on my own though.

what are you wanting compensation for? are you asking for the lower price? i don't think that will happen as princess fares go up when the airlines up their price.

What . wanted was the lower fare that was available this morning. Error. Error. Over and over again. The Princess agent had the same issue. Also, the lower fare flights were non-stop unlike the flight to LHR via Amsterdam which added 2.5 hours to the trip, and the return flight that made a stop at JFK. That added about 5 hours to the trip.

While looking for something else, I happened on this thread and wanted to comment. I use EZAir very early on and then keep a weekly eye on my reservation both there and with the airline involved. I like the idea that if I stumble across a huge reduction in fares from the airline I can jump on it and cancel my WZAir reservation. Those of you who are vigilant about tracking your air reservations know that this can happen!

I found a much better connection with the airline than I had with EZAir and when I called Princess to ask why that flight was not offered the rep checked and got me that flight at a lower price than my original reservation!

One thing I did learn was that EZAir books at "bulk rate" which means they must take what is offered by the airlines and that is constantly changing WHICH could have a lot to do with many of these problems that are being addressed in this thread. In addition, "bulk rate" comes with restrictions that Princess does not address. For example, if your flying Delta and would like to upgrade to "comfort seats" that is not possible at "bulk rate".

This is our first time using airfare booked through the cruise line. It would be a bit easier and cheaper to find flights through Kayak or another service, although I did search and the prices were comparable, however I want the guarantee that Princess will get me to the port :).

Crossing my fingers that all will go well with our EZ Air reservation.

Unfortunately you won't get that guarantee from Princess.

Here is what I find:

If guests miss or will miss their original port of embarkation due to airline delay or an airline service disruption, such as flight cancelation or flight re-routes, Princess will work with the airlines to find a reasonable alternative to provide flights to the next appropriate* port at no additional air cost to the guest.

Factors taken into account in determining the appropriateness of a port of call include, but are not limited to:

• visas and other legal documentation that may be required
  • application of the Passenger Services Act to the new itinerary
  • airport/port infrastructure
  • comparability of cost, flight connections, and travel time required (note, any refund due on the unused air ticket must be used to offset the cost of the new air ticket)
  • where in the original itinerary this port is located

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_an..._PC_ezair.html

"Work with the airlines" to find a "reasonable alternative" is certainly no guarantee!

If you find language in their contract otherwise, please post a link. Thanks!

While looking for something else, I happened on this thread and wanted to comment. I use EZAir very early on and then keep a weekly eye on my reservation both there and with the airline involved. I like the idea that if I stumble across a huge reduction in fares from the airline I can jump on it and cancel my WZAir reservation. Those of you who are vigilant about tracking your air reservations know that this can happen!

I found a much better connection with the airline than I had with EZAir and when I called Princess to ask why that flight was not offered the rep checked and got me that flight at a lower price than my original reservation!

One thing I did learn was that EZAir books at "bulk rate" which means they must take what is offered by the airlines and that is constantly changing WHICH could have a lot to do with many of these problems that are being addressed in this thread. In addition, "bulk rate" comes with restrictions that Princess does not address. For example, if your flying Delta and would like to upgrade to "comfort seats" that is not possible at "bulk rate".

That is even more worrisome. If Princess is purchasing in bulk, then flights that don't really exist are being posted, That is fraud.

But why would that prevent the Princess agents from taking care of it?

Princess will HELP you to take care of it. But there are no guarantees.

That is even more worrisome. If Princess is purchasing in bulk, then flights that don't really exist are being posted, That is fraud.

They purchase in bulk but the flights do exist. It is just that the conditions with which they purchase the tickets are much more restrictive than tickets on the open market. No problem if everything goes as planned. But if there are flight cancellations/interruptions, etc. then you very well might find yourself at the back of the pack for rebooking.

Princess eZAir is currently offering the best airfare to Europe...better than you'll find on Kayak, the airline sites, or consolidator sites.

I have been on the eZAir site a lot over the past few days, rebooking an itinerary yesterday, with no issues at all. I'm thinking the issue is on the OP's end. First thing I would recommend is rebooting your home network and your computer. Try s different browser...that works for me when I'm experiencing difficulty.

Good luck...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Good info Lew your the best :D Go Patriots!!

Tony

I have had a similar problem with my upcoming June 17 cruise on the Crown. Originally EZ Air was quoting a fare of 922 but when Princess tried to book got error and price increased to 997. I tried to modify flights as I kept checking before flights were to be ticketed at 45 day out mark and multiple times over different days and times whether the price difference was 20 cents or a refund, I would get error message. As far as not being able to get DL comfort seats , if you are Plat or Diamond which means you are eligible at time of booking you can request comfort seats after reservation has been ticketed which is usually 45 days from you flight departure, which I was able to do with my last EZ Air booking.

I have had a similar problem with my upcoming June 17 cruise on the Crown. Originally EZ Air was quoting a fare of 922 but when Princess tried to book got error and price increased to 997. I tried to modify flights as I kept checking before flights were to be ticketed at 45 day out mark and multiple times over different days and times whether the price difference was 20 cents or a refund, I would get error message. As far as not being able to get DL comfort seats , if you are Plat or Diamond which means you are eligible at time of booking you can request comfort seats after reservation has been ticketed which is usually 45 days from you flight departure, which I was able to do with my last EZ Air booking.

Well, at least I am not the only one getting an error. Princes cannot excuse this issue blaming the airlines. All looking at EZ Air can rightly assume that this is a Princess operation. An analogy is going into a department store and finding a watch repair inside that takes the department store's credit card. If there is a problem with the vendor, the department store cannot say it is not responsible. Why? Because customers can rightly believe that the watch repair is part of the department store. Besides, it is not good business practice and is bad faith not to take ownership of a problem.

Our last cruise was on Disney and they also offer to book flights through the cruise line office. We prefer business class and found that what was offered through Disney was significantly higher than what I could do on my own. Not only that but the flight itinerary offered was pretty challenging. In the end we cancelled what Disney suggested and booked our own flights - we got a great deal on United Airlines.

The Disney representative advised me that they work with contracts between the airline and the cruise line so that the options are more limited than what you can do on your own. I would use a travel agent to book flights if there was a lot of coordination required between airlines and ship itineraries.

I got exactly the same issue as OP. Saw a direct flight with good price, click it to book, was prompted to enter all info, then got an error at the last step. When I tried to book again, price increased.

This also happened to us before. The explanation was "the price increased while you made your booking".

I'd rather not to see that fake/previous price, doesn't make me feel good since it seems I just missed the good price. Not a good marketing strategy/bug :(

[quote name=Iceman721

For example, if your flying Delta and would like to upgrade to "comfort seats" that is not possible at "bulk rate".[/quote]

Hmmm. Twice now I have been able to upgrade EZAir flexible fare seats to Delta Comfort by either calling Delta or going on the Delta website and doing it myself, and that's before final payment date.

Wish I knew who you talked to. Called Delta last week and was told Comfort not available on economy/bulk, only in main cabin. Maybe new policy?

Bulk fare is the key word here. Economy and main cabin are the same thing. I could definitely see that Comfort + is not available on bulk fares. Perhaps flamomo had a published fare purchased through EZAir or perhaps there has been a change in policy. Have you tried to upgrade on Delta's website?

Hmmm. Twice now I have been able to upgrade EZAir flexible fare seats to Delta Comfort by either calling Delta or going on the Delta website and doing it myself, and that's before final payment date.

I believe with DL if you have only domestic ticket then you can do seats and upgrades to comfort +, when you have an international leg they will not assign seats/ticket till EZ Air tickets which is why you cannot upgrade to comfort plus till ticketed. I have been able to get my complimentary upgrades to comfort plus being Diamond, before ticketed for domestic legs but had to wait till ticketed for international legs. If you are non elite then DL may not allow bulk fare to be upgraded by purchasing upgrade fare like thier basic E fares