Internet Package -- Please tell me there is more than just "unlimited"

Z'Loth

Hi,

You should consider the 250 minute package. Much better than the 24 hour packages - they are continuous whereas the 250 minute package allows you to use your minutes whenever you want.

Jim

How much does the 250min pkg cost?

Hi,

You should consider the 250 minute package. Much better than the 24 hour packages - they are continuous whereas the 250 minute package allows you to use your minutes whenever you want.

Jim

Jim,

Pretty sure that option is being phased out. It was not available on my last cruise.

There is a plan: every time you are in port, go to the nearest hotspot and check your email. Free. You might have to buy a coffee or beer to validate your use of the wifi.

I would rather spend my time ashore doing more interesting things than email, so my alternative before I retired was to tell people to send me emails as much as they wanted. I would look at them once back home. If there was an urgent problem only I could solve, then send me a text, I would find a hot spot or buy a one hour or 24-hour package and look at my email.

Stan

Thanks, but I really need to check the days on the ship too. It boggles my mind that Celebrity has no idea what they are offering on the ship but can "assure" me they will have something. I looked to see what Verizon had it appears it's only text and voice. Ugh. I like to be prepared with no surprises. I am very disappointed.

Thanks, but I really need to check the days on the ship too. It boggles my mind that Celebrity has no idea what they are offering on the ship but can "assure" me they will have something. I looked to see what Verizon had it appears it's only text and voice. Ugh. I like to be prepared with no surprises. I am very disappointed.

I confirmed with Celebrity there are no more "minutes" packages. I'll take the unlimited with my lumps. Since I'm using it for our business I expect it may be a business expense, if not,oh well.

Just checked the Captain's Club website and see that Elite benefits include 90 minutes free internet. Please tell me that the 90 minutes are NOT continuous! By the way, Princess runs rings around Celebrity on this perk - Platinum members get between 150 and 500 free minutes depending on the length of the cruise.

Just checked the Captain's Club website and see that Elite benefits include 90 minutes free internet. Please tell me that the 90 minutes are NOT continuous! By the way, Princess runs rings around Celebrity on this perk - Platinum members get between 150 and 500 free minutes depending on the length of the cruise.

No, you can log in & out until the mins expire [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is one of those areas where there have been lots of changes in the last few years. I don't think I've seen the same package twice onboard, and there are often offers on different days during the cruise. I'm sure their goal is to push everyone towards the full package in advance, but I also bet there are better offers onboard when fewer people have signed up.

I confirmed with Celebrity there are no more "minutes" packages. I'll take the unlimited with my lumps. Since I'm using it for our business I expect it may be a business expense, if not,oh well.

Just off the infinity. A package for 250 minutes was being offered for $99.

Jim

Ugh. So there is no plan where you can just check your email for 15 minutes each day ????

I just got off the Constellation yesterday and had purchased 4 hours which I used over the course of our 12 day cruise. I purchased it Day 2 of the cruise.

Edited by margob111
added line

I just use the Internet to check fb message for emergency reasons and don't plan on staying on. It's really sad the only choice is unlimited. Why don't they just show you all the plans available befor you leave so you don't have to stress about it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Ugh. So there is no plan where you can just check your email for 15 minutes each day ????

Any plan will allow you to check your email, problem is it will cost you. 🤑

Since I am not important I can let the email that is ususally nothing more than the same ads everyday accumulate until I get into a port where I can connect up for free and then do the edit to delete them.

If you are Elite or above you get some free internet minutes. Elite Plus gets 240 minutes per cruise. Never could understand the benefits being per cruise. We did a B2B of 7 day cruises and got 240 each cruise for a total of 480 for the 14 days. Then on a 14 day cruise we got 240. For the B2B we basically got double of everything.

happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞

I just use the Internet to check fb message for emergency reasons and don't plan on staying on. It's really sad the only choice is unlimited. Why don't they just show you all the plans available befor you leave so you don't have to stress about it?

If it's an emergency even on a cruise family are told to call our cell phone, I wouldn't have it any other way !

Any plan will allow you to check your email, problem is it will cost you. 🤑

Since I am not important I can let the email that is ususally nothing more than the same ads everyday accumulate until I get into a port where I can connect up for free and then do the edit to delete them.

If you are Elite or above you get some free internet minutes. Elite Plus gets 240 minutes per cruise. Never could understand the benefits being per cruise. We did a B2B of 7 day cruises and got 240 each cruise for a total of 480 for the 14 days. Then on a 14 day cruise we got 240. For the B2B we basically got double of everything.

happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞

Thanks,I am not elite (we started cruising late) but as Select I'll get a 25% discount. I'm retired too, but foolishly (not really) started a business and although I'm not important (at all) :o my customers are. So, 15/20 minutes on the computer a day should provide the support I need to give and still give me a happy relaxed vacation :cool:.

It's best not to if it's a smart phone even the background processes will burn through data. Put it on airplane mode then you can use camera, alarm etc then if needed turn it on to make your calls.

Oh, i was just wondering how your family gets in touch with you on your phone if it's an emergency. If it's in airplane mode you don't get calls.

Do you keep your cell phone on the whole time?

Yes I do for my music.... I just turn off my data that way I can still receive calls. I can see my messages and who called before acknowledging them that way I can choose to acknowledge or not.

Also sending me a quick text saying "Emergency need to call ...." incoming is only 60 cents for us in Canada

Edited by schiff1997

iphone/ipad : settings - cellular data "off"

android: settings - data usage - cellular data "off"

You may see slightly different labels in your settings, but you get the idea from the above.

There is a plan: every time you are in port, go to the nearest hotspot and check your email. Free. You might have to buy a coffee or beer to validate your use of the wifi.

The onshore WiFi has always been my primary plan, especially when uploading photos from my phone to my server. There are certain things that I want to check on the at-sea days, and the 90 minute plan will fit the picture.

If you have a smart phone.TURN ON the WIFI CALLING.Turn your AIRPLANE MODE ON when you are at sea.

When you connected to wifi you can use your phone to make any phone call to United States.

The call is FREE,you just pay for the WIFI if the WIFI is not free.

Edited by iSailor