Carnival Corp lost some $$$ tonight

VASOXFANN

Good choice with Celebrity.

I was a very loyal cruiser with Carnival but now CCL seems more expensive to me than X does.

I'd still go on CCL and like it, but X has become my new go to with how CCL has been raising prices and not offering as high of a quality service in my opinion.

That good to know about X gift cards too, but I do believe their GCs are only allowed to be used for bookings and not on board. At least that's how it was last year and earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check this out.

This evening I tried to change a booking on which I already made a large payment and several payments to another, more expensive cruise. Carnival would not make the change without taking off my On-board booking OBC so I cancelled the entire booking and booked a less expensive cruise on Celebrity with prepaid gratuities and drink packages for both of us.

I'm sure Carnival will sell our stateroom, but these are the kinds of tactics that cost them loyal customers.

Allstate drivewise also has Celebrity Giftcards for 10% off. Winner, winner! :D

"$$$" on Carnival? Don't you mean "$"?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For different reasons, I have booked an upcoming cruise on MSC, with plans also for a cruise on NCL. I dont dislike Carnival, but some things on the last two cruises bothered me enough to seek out a different cruiseline. Price used to be my bottom line reason for booking Carnival, plus having always enjoyed my cruises with them, but Carnival no longer offers the best price for me, as well as some policies that I do not like, so I am taking my cruise business elsewhere for now. I dont rule them out again in the future, but for now, I need to try something new.

I feel exactly the same way. After 27 cruises with Carnival we saw a decline in service, entertainment and food quality and started looking at other options. One cruise with Celebrity and we were hooked. We found them to be quite comparable in price since we always purchase the beverage package. Two cruises done and three more booked. Next year we are also looking at Norwegian. I wouldn't rule out Carnival in the future but it probably won't be our go to cruise line anymore.

I feel exactly the same way. After 27 cruises with Carnival we saw a decline in service, entertainment and food quality and started looking at other options. One cruise with Celebrity and we were hooked. We found them to be quite comparable in price since we always purchase the beverage package. Two cruises done and three more booked. Next year we are also looking at Norwegian. I wouldn't rule out Carnival in the future but it probably won't be our go to cruise line anymore.

I just priced the X cruise that OP is on and it came out to $3600 (forward balcony). Can't compare it to CCL since they have no Alaska sailings at that time. I'll certainly look at X the next time we book and if it's close I'll give them a try, especially if I can get X for less.

They didnt lose money. They actually made money. They will rebook this cabin, very likely at a higher rate now AND keep your deposit. Probably the reason they werent willing to break their rules to appease you.

It is always interesting when people complain about their inability to convince CCL to violate the rules of the bookings which they agreed to when they booked it. And then they cancel the booking they wanted to change and pretend that they have won. My guess is they forgot to mention that they did not get their money back. It was probably kept by CCL and will have to be used for a future cruise. Prove me wrong.

Sigh.

See attached. When shall I expect an apology?

It's called the military fare, which incidentally also allows for changes. It helps to become knowledgeable about the various types of booking types before erroneously ASSuming everyone books early saver like sheep.

IMG_1293.jpg.4efcb0ab148dd1de562a80d295063754.jpg

You should post this to John Heald's Facebook. I'm tired of huge companies having no consideration for their customers anymore. I was always a loyal Carnival fan and told anyone who asked me about cruising that they should cruise with Carnival and I would help them find a cruise whenever they were ready to give cruising a try. Well not anymore. Seems like they don't care about customer satisfaction or loyalty anymore.

They would lose the loyalty of a customer who's now going on a cruise with another line.

For every customer they lose, they gain at least one in their place. Im actually glad they didnt cave in and they stuck to their rules which by the way, are listed in the fine print no one ever reads.

For different reasons, I have booked an upcoming cruise on MSC, with plans also for a cruise on NCL. I dont dislike Carnival, but some things on the last two cruises bothered me enough to seek out a different cruiseline. Price used to be my bottom line reason for booking Carnival, plus having always enjoyed my cruises with them, but Carnival no longer offers the best price for me, as well as some policies that I do not like, so I am taking my cruise business elsewhere for now. I dont rule them out again in the future, but for now, I need to try something new.

This is exactly how I feel. We recently returned from a great resort and had a wonderful time. It wasn't my first choice, Carnival was, but our last cruise left a sour taste in my mouth. That old familiar experience that got me hooked doesn't seem to be there anymore. Now I'm looking into more resorts as opposed to cruises with Carnival. I will also be looking at other cruise lines.

I've never booked onboard, but isn't the OBC for doing so supposed to be transferable hence people would book "sleeper cruises" to get the perk? I think (and correct me if I'm wrong OP) that's what the issue is. Not that they are trying to get Carnival to change their rules, but for them to abide by them.

When Carnival sells your room they won't have lost anything.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Which is what I said in my original post. They did, however, lose our immediate business, first with reducing on-board OBC bookings to nothing, and now with this. The agent I spoke with last night noticed and practically begged me to come back.

We cruise twice, sometimes three times per year, and we're at the point that we are now booking longer, pricier cruises, and lines that offer better perks are getting our attention and money. Now we'll shop around for the best deal rather than automatically turning to Carnival, and who knows, Princess or X may be our new go-to line.

I'm not saying I hate Carnival and refuse to ever cruise with again. I'm just show them the same loyalty they show me...zero.

I've never booked onboard, but isn't the OBC for doing so supposed to be transferable hence people would book "sleeper cruises" to get the perk? I think (and correct me if I'm wrong OP) that's what the issue is. Not that they are trying to get Carnival to change their rules, but for them to abide by them.

Correct. I was told "no cabins at that rate were available" rather than that flat out it couldn't be done, which is how they got around it.

I presume the difficulty was due to the recent changes to on-board bookings.

Edited by VASOXFANN

:)

This is what I always do when booking a cruise.

We thought the previous on-board booking OBC was a pretty good deal. Now, not so much.

Now that we've checked out some of the booking offers on other lines (prepaid gratuities, high OBC, deink packages) it's like we're first time cruisers again! :)

Well enjoy Celebrity. If anyone wants to take advantage of 2 friends and family vouchers for the Celebrity Edge sailing January 13, 2019 let me know. It's $150 OBC but you have to book before the 14th of this month. There are 2 available. Shoot me over an email (it's in my signature).

With all due respect, Carnival made more money as a result of you cancelling. They will resell the cabin you had booked *and* they get to keep your non-refundable deposit. Definitely a win-win for Carnival.

Some of us know better than to book fares with non-refundable deposits. :rolleyes: