What is the weirdest thing you ever seen happening on an NCL ship! Just Curious.

tgloersen

We were on a Transatlantic cruise and heard a woman complaining to Guest Services that "6 sea days in a row are too many." Don't know what she wanted them to do about it....

Haha.. She made the reservation.. We know that 6 days may be to much for us but 3 days we do love! Depends on the weather too! :)

Two more, both involving British women.

First one in Jan 2016 - on the Epic late afternoon in the martini bar. I was talking to a two women - one from Scotland, the other from Ireland. This British woman at the bar turns around and asks the Scotswoman if she was from America. She was a bit taken aback. I volunteered that I was from America. She looks at me and first asks "Do you own a gun"? Um... no. "Do you have a faith?" um... really? Asking about one's religion is simply not done. Then the best - "Do you have a therapist?" um... no, but after this conversation I needed one. She then turns back to the bar. The two women I was chatting with were mortified.

Second one - Jade TA this year. We are sitting with a Scottish couple who are very quiet talkers. My hubby goes back to the cabin to get his hearing aid. While he's gone, a British woman gets seated at our table. She tries to sit in Rick's seat. I tell her my husband is sitting there. She says he was sit in another seat. Nope! So she sits next to his chair. She then proceeds to tell us that she left the comedian early because his humor (or humour) is "too American". I respond "I'm American." She then proceeds to spend the rest of dinner cutting down Americans, bragging about her two houses, how she doesn't pay taxes (can't remember why), and a bunch of other braggadocios stuff. She was one of the rudest people I have ever met. After dinner the other couple apologized for her behavior - they were mortified. We all had a good laugh about it. I kinda felt sorry for her... she must be very lonely.

• Haha 1

On our recent cruise on the Getaway, there was a couple, I'd guess them to be in their early 40s, who took small stuffed bears with them everywhere. I saw the bears sitting out by the pool, pretending to eat at Savor, greeting the captain at the Latitudes party, etc. My parents overheard them tell someone that the bears were over 20 years old and had recently gotten new shirts for this cruise.

We had a woman on a cruise traveling with her dolly. Dolly had her own suitcase FULL of outfits, even swim suit. Dolly went everywhere with woman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are several other threads regarding what age kids should be able to roam the ships alone, and some say age 8! This red shirt guy is the exact reason why I think that is ludicrous! He clearly was not all there.

In response to the post, though slightly off topic....

3 kids, all under 8, running in and out of the elevators pushing buttons to floors. Smallest one, about 3, got left on the elevator when the doors closed. Who knows where he ended up on the ship. No parents in sight.

• Like 1

On the Escape last year, ported in Tortola. German cruise line ship AIDA with the big eyes and lips on it, anyway it pulled into port after us. It is 16 decks tall we are 20 something. Everyone on our pool deck looks down onto the topless deck, The germans don't even notice for about 30 minutes, then everyone scrambles for cover ups. Except for one guy with nothing to be ashamed of, we will call him Lance, he just waved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, so here's a kinda weird story about myself. I was on the Breakaway. Earlier in the cruise I had gone to the gift shop and bought a few souvenirs, the usual stuff, t shirt, magnets, key chains. Well I grab the bag and stick it in my suitcase when I get back to my cabin, never even checked the contents. So last night of the cruise, I get all packed and decide to hit the sack a little early so I hang up my clothes for disembarkation, put on my pajamas and go to bed. The phone rings. It's the gift shop. Sir, you left some items and we are calling to tell you to pick them up. "Can I come tomorrow?" "No, we are closed" Can someone bring them to my cabin? "No, if you don't come and get them we will just return the items to stock. No refunds". OK, I'm peeved I admit it. Here I am in my damn pajamas and you wait till the last night to call? Grrr! So, I put on my bathrobe over my PJs and march off to the gift shop. I'll be damned if you keep my key chains! You should have seen the girls face when I showed up in my "evening attire", lol. By now I was thirsty so I stopped at the bar and downed a few drinks before bed. The patrons and bartender were quite amused. [emoji6][emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, so here's a kinda weird story about myself. I was on the Breakaway. Earlier in the cruise I had gone to the gift shop and bought a few souvenirs, the usual stuff, t shirt, magnets, key chains. Well I grab the bag and stick it in my suitcase when I get back to my cabin, never even checked the contents. So last night of the cruise, I get all packed and decide to hit the sack a little early so I hang up my clothes for disembarkation, put on my pajamas and go to bed. The phone rings. It's the gift shop. Sir, you left some items and we are calling to tell you to pick them up. "Can I come tomorrow?" "No, we are closed" Can someone bring them to my cabin? "No, if you don't come and get them we will just return the items to stock. No refunds". OK, I'm peeved I admit it. Here I am in my damn pajamas and you wait till the last night to call? Grrr! So, I put on my bathrobe over my PJs and march off to the gift shop. I'll be damned if you keep my key chains! You should have seen the girls face when I showed up in my "evening attire", lol. By now I was thirsty so I stopped at the bar and downed a few drinks before bed. The patrons and bartender were quite amused. [emoji6][emoji483]

Speaking of Bathrobes (your reason is completely understandable)...we did a cruise last December and on the first day we noticed a couple in their Cruise for St. Jude shirts (ok they must have been on Carnival before no big deal) but they also had on the bathrobes from the cabin, FIRST DAY?.. but it gets better, this was a 4 day weekend cruise for my niece's Graduation celebration. We saw these people everyday and they had the SAME SHIRTS and BATHROBES on EVERYDAY? I can only guess that their luggage was lost? I hope? But we are talking every time we saw them.

In 2011, we were sitting in our cabin one evening watching the World Series with the balcony door half open when a duck flew into our room. I'm yelling for my DH to call the steward. The duck flew away when my DH calmly walked over, picked it up, and put it on the balcony.

I would LOVE this! Unless DH couldn't catch him. :p

I had forgotten about this until now. On the Dawn in December 2015, my DH and the couple we were with were standing at the back of the ship at night. We were the only ones out there at the time. We look to the side and there is a smallish boat (like a big rowboat) with what looks like a sheet for a sail and a bunch of people on it. We saw them for a minute and then the light faded and they were gone. We thought it was really bizarre. When I look back on it, we should have reported it to someone, but it didn't cross any of our minds.

We were on a Christmas cruise on the Spirit a few years ago, and there was an older, bald gentleman who had a bow on his head. Always. When my wife finally mentioned it (we kept running into him), he told her that he was a present nobody would unwrap. I think he finally got unwrapped on Christmas, because that morning, the bow had moved from his head to his chest.

Does everyone else keep running into the same people on a cruise? Two to four thousand people on board, and the same six are always walking past me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 4

We were on the elevator returning to our room about 1 am after being in the pubs all evening. The elevator was full and all was quiet. I saw a man standing quietly. He looked exactly like Phil Collins (Genesis) and I couldn't help myself. I said, has anyone ever told you that you look just like Phil Collins? He looked at me and said "You and everyone on this F%$#ing ship! Jeeze, I wasn't really expecting that. My 16 year old GD burst out laughing and I didn't know what to say after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the Dawn a few years ago, we stepped on the elevator to go up to breakfast. There was a young couple, very lovey dovey, probably newlyweds, in the elevator. I jokingly said "everybody wave to the camera". The girl's face turned bright red as she glared at her mate, clearly embarrased. I heard him say "I wish I knew about that camera last night".

Security probably has a "special file" for those videos !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chair Hog of the Century

Woman attempting to save an entire row, maybe a dozen chaise longues. She was sitting at one end, her prosthetic leg was occupying the other end.

I would have been tempted to take the leg and, when asked, claimed that Rocket Raccoon said he needed it. >.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Chair Hog of the Century

Woman attempting to save an entire row, maybe a dozen chaise longues. She was sitting at one end, her prosthetic leg was occupying the other end.

If anyone questioned her, what was she going to do? It sounds like she didn’t have a leg to stand on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Loving this thread... Many years ago, on the Dawn out of NY we were delayed leaving St. Marten. We could see from our balconies there's a commotion near the gangplank. People getting heated, officers on and off the ship with local police there too. A while later luggage is put out on the pier, crew gets put back the ship, gangplank pulled up, police drive away, everything closed up and deserted, about an hour late, the ship pulls away from the pier leaving 4 passengers behind. The people on their balconies started cheering.

Not sure what happened but heard they beat up a crew member the night before during a drinking incident claiming he was hitting on a minor.... don't know who was wrong but the brother, father, friend and his wife were kicked off and left behind.

• Like 1