ISO St Thomas Must do!!!

luvnjonson

What do you enjoy? If it's shopping, there's plenty there! If it's beaches, then head to St. John....the most gorgeous beaches anywhere are there!

A guidebook will point your family in the right direction!

We like hearing about the places we are visiting and seeing as much as we can around there in the short time we have. We love good food and shopping is good too. I would love to find Pandora and grab a charm there. The beach is gorgeous, but we don't "need" huge amounts of time on it.

It seems that St John is a popular answer lol. Do you all do private tours or excursions through the cruise lines? Anyone you recommend for private touring?

We always go to St. John on our own. Take a taxi to Red Hook, get on the Red Hook ferry and head to St. John. Once on St. John, grab a taxi to trunk Bay, the most gorgeous beach in the Caribbean. You can spend a little time there and then head back to St. Thomas. You'll find some shopping (although not a lot) in Cruz Bay, St. John near the ferry dock. There will be plenty of shopping once you're back on St. Thomas.

St. John is a beautiful island. Another option is to rent a car for the day and drive around the island. Head out to the east end for some gorgeous views of the Virgin Islands. You'll have time to stop at a beach or two on your way back to Cruz Bay.

We like hearing about the places we are visiting and seeing as much as we can around there in the short time we have. We love good food and shopping is good too. I would love to find Pandora and grab a charm there. The beach is gorgeous, but we don't "need" huge amounts of time on it.

You are saying you love to hear about the places and see as much as you can... then I don't think heading to St. John for the beach makes the most sense.

I think you can just hop of the ship and walk over to the taxi area and grab an island tour taxi. They'll take you to several stops with narration, and they'll drop you at the beach (Magens Bay) or shopping at the end if you like. Plus it's very inexpensive and well organized.

Magens Bay is a beautiful beach on St. Thomas. If you don't want to spend a lot of time on a beach, then there is usually a ship excursion that combines a tour of the island with a stop at Magens Bay.

We usually take island's cattle cars to Magen's Bay. The cattle cars are an experience onto themselves. The cost is approx. $8-9 each way, plus an entrance fee of $4 (est.) to get this national Park beach. You'll get a bit of a tour going up the mountains to the other side of the Island and some spectacular views of St. Thomas Bay. Along the way, usually, the driver will stop for the Paxs to take pics. On the way back, you can chose to be dropped in the main shopping area or back to the dock where there are shops, but not to the extent of the main one.

Whatever you choose enjoy yourself.

Ps. If I recall (I think it's the right Island) there's many Iguanas by the new(?) docking area. Take a walk around and you'll be amazes

This sounds great. Did you do it as a group or were other people on the same tour?

Do you remember what price range it was?

In the US Virgin Islands, the sailboats can only take 6 passengers. When we went there were two other couples. Children are also welcomed. I think it is $150 per adult, $140 if paid in cash. You will have to taxi to Red Hook but that is a good way to see some of the island.

In the US Virgin Islands, the sailboats can only take 6 passengers. When we went there were two other couples. Children are also welcomed. I think it is $150 per adult, $140 if paid in cash. You will have to taxi to Red Hook but that is a good way to see some of the island.

That was the price for ours. We only had 5. My wife and I and a 3-way from another ship. You can book the whole boat for $900. But max of 6 people. You will not be disappointed. Food was excellent. And really cool swimming with the turtles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums