Best western Caribbean ship?

HighCPU

Looking into a western Caribbean itinerary that includes Mahogany Bay for October. Seeing my options are Breeze or Glory. Anyone sail both and have some pros/cons to share? Would likely get a balcony. Also wondering if rain would cancel any monkey related excursions in Mahogany Bay since October is a rainy time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Oct, I'd be more concerned about hurricanes re-routing the entire itinerary instead of just one excursion. We loved Mahogany Bay, but just rode the ski lift to the beach all day. Glory is a great ship, sailed her 3 times.

Breeze is going to be the newer ship with a few more bells and whistles; do a comparison side by side. I have sailed the sister Magic and Glory and would probably lean to the newer ship depending on costs.

You cannot control the weather so just be prepared to go with the flow. Even in the dry season it can still rain.

This is one of our favorite ports and if you want to do monkeys I highly recommend you book privately with Victor Bodden or Island Marketing (their stop also has a sloth!). If you like animals the iguana sanctuary is also a great stop; these guys are huge and if you pet them they will lean into you like a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Oct, I'd be more concerned about hurricanes re-routing the entire itinerary instead of just one excursion. We loved Mahogany Bay, but just rode the ski lift to the beach all day. Glory is a great ship, sailed her 3 times.

October, especially later October, is close to the end of the "official" hurricane season.

A really late one could pop up but those usually turn North while crossing the Atlantic and die out in the colder North Atlantic waters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

October, especially later October, is close to the end of the "official" hurricane season.

A really late one could pop up but those usually turn North while crossing the Atlantic and die out in the colder North Atlantic waters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hurricane season ends November 30th. The peak week for hurricanes is mid September. Sounds like the OP may be going to Gumbalimba Park or on a Victor Bodden tour. I hope the OP choses to spend some time at West End Beach or Tabyana, rather than the man made slimy limestone beach right at Mahogany Bay.

We're sailing the Dream Oct 1 for the western itinerary, a cruise I've done maybe 15 times and never tire of it.

We've sailed both ships and I would choose the Breeze hands down. We like this ship so much we sailing her again this year. I loved my Glory cruise but the Breeze is a bigger newer ship with more stuff to do. We love the 3-D Thrill theater. It feels like a Disney ride with the seats moving and water spraying etc. And the ropes course is a lot of fun too. The Breeze just came out of drydock and has added on an Alchemy bar, Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ, and the new Lip Sync Battle. :)