5-person Oceanview Cabin on any Alaska ship?

Profjej

My wife and I are considering an Alaska cruise in 2018 with three of our kids, who would be 15, 13, and around 1 at the time of sailing. In preliminary searches, I'm having trouble finding any oceanview cabins that sleep five. We found plenty on ships in the Caribbean, so this was a bit surprising.

Does anyone know of any ships doing Alaska sailings that have five-person cabins?

We sailed on celebrity solstice and had a family balcony in the front of the ship. It had two bedrooms and living room area (not a suite). The best room ever! We were on deck 9 corner, I don't remember the room number off the top of my head but if you have trouble looking it up let me know and I will dig around for it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some of the same ships that are in the Caribbean, sail in Alaska during the Alaska season. There isn't a separate fleet in the two places.

Many of the cruise lines that have larger cabins don't advertise them. So if you saw, for example, that some Princess ships have family cabins or suites, I would call them and ask. Or have your travel agent call them.

I was going to suggest the two cabin solution also- one we have used on numerous occasions. We get one inside and one outside- Oceanview or balcony, depending. Book one adult into each cabin, sleep where you want. That depends on how responsible your two older children are. Also would mean that you and your wife could stay up later while the older kids babysit across the hall- nice unless you are used to all going to bed at the same time.

We are sailing Alaska this summer, kiddos are 15, 11 and 19 months (similar ages and gaps!). We booked the Norwegian Pearl because they have 2 bedroom family suites. There's a master & bathroom, a second bedroom with a fold out couch and a pull down pullman bed and a second bathroom, a sitting area with fold out couch and a balcony.

Our last cruise with just my older two, we booked two cabins with 1 adult and 1 kid in each cabin.

Princess has a Family Suite but it is very expensive. That is the only cabin on Princess that will support 5. I would book 2 cabins. Maybe a balcony for you and the one year old and the 2 other kids across the hall. This way, you have a balcony for glacier days. Or 2 outside cabins next to each other. Princess also has some ships with connecting rooms. You may find it more cost effective to do the 2 cabins.

If you book 2 cabins - make sure the cabins are marked no upgrade as you don't want the 2 kids upgraded elsewhere on the ship!

As many have said - some of the ships in the Caribbean are in Alaska in the summer.

FYI - most kids programs have a minimum age of 3. Though - some let you go with your child to the kids area and play as long as you are with them. Some may have babysitting for those who are younger. If you are interested in these options - you may want to look into the different lines on what they offer for your youngest.

RCI Radiance...Northbound (Vancouver) or Southbound (Seward....Ancorage)....Family Ocean View category...wonderful large cabin with a separate 2nd sleeping area....We have had family book this for Alaska a couple of times. You will have to call RCI directly (800) 526-9723 as this category isn't usually available to book online.

Also RCI Explorer...(Seattle roundtrip)...has the same cabin category option.

Edited by Ashland