Bottled water - Classic Drink Pkg.

malony33

Hi, everybody,

I'm getting a lot of mixed info regarding bottled water on CC with the Classic Package.

1. Some say it's included.

2. Others post it is "bottled tap water from India".

3. Others claim bottled water IS included, but it's BRAND X.

I'm not a complainer since there's so much to REALLY be concerned about in the world - North Korea working at break-neck speed to gain the ability to nuke the USA keeps me up at night - but I am a BIG water drinker. SO:

#1 is unacceptable considering the cost of the pkg.;

#2 is terrifying, since I have personal experience drinking H2O from 3rd world countries (got a parasite...that's enough information);

#3 is a conundrum: what the heck is "Brand X " water? Could that be tap water in reused bottles? Is it perhaps procured from Mexico if not India?:o

I do not require Evian, but I do expect to receive bottled water, and that water should be really and truly bottled from a reliable source.

If some of you "in the know" could clear up this confusion, please do, with my thanks.:cool:

yes, it includes bottled water. We are just off Summit. I want to say it was a Mountain View brand or something like that. Basically the same thing you get at Costco or Sam's. Perfectly acceptable bottled water.

Someone suggested that the tap water from India comment had to do with it possibly being a cruise in that region of the world and that's where they re-stocked. As you are on a Caribbean cruise - they will certainly be sourcing in the US so I wouldn't be worried about them importing Indian water.

I found that comment ridiculous. Filtered Bottled water exists alll over the world; especially in countries without clean drinking water. The fact that the brand was sourced locally and not imported from the US doesn't make it unclean - but does make it easier to blame if you get norovirus or feel ill at any point of the trip.

I don't believe celebrity would source water from an unreliable provider to service their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had classic last year, and it did indeed include bottled water, just not the more expensive type like perrier and such. It was good b/c it included the ones they are trying to sell before you leave for an excursion so its handy!

I was wondering if brand X meant, Celebrity brand? Maybe they have their own labels now who knows? But you'll have a couple brands to choose from so no worries :-) Enjoy!

I had classic last year, and it did indeed include bottled water, just not the more expensive type like perrier and such. It was good b/c it included the ones they are trying to sell before you leave for an excursion so its handy!

I was wondering if brand X meant, Celebrity brand? Maybe they have their own labels now who knows? But you'll have a couple brands to choose from so no worries :-) Enjoy!

I don't think you get to choose when you are classic. On our last Caribbean cruise, it was Mountain View or Mountain Spring water. Don't remember the exact name but it is some kind of off brand water you could get from the local CVS.

I guess the cheap bottle of water is which ever brand they could get at the Port for a cheap price.

We have had the Classic package on a number of cruises in Europe, Alaska and Australia/New Zealand and yes, bottled water is included but it is local brands and can change from port to port since the ship is always re-provisioning. We have never had an issue with any of the various brands of bottled water. DW prefers it, she finds the ship's water to be a bit too salty for her.

Hi, everybody,

I'm getting a lot of mixed info regarding bottled water on CC with the Classic Package.

1. Some say it's included.

2. Others post it is "bottled tap water from India".

3. Others claim bottled water IS included, but it's BRAND X.

1. It is included in the Classic Package.

2. It's the same quality of generic/non-"name brand" labeled bottled water you'll find at any supermarket, CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Target or Walmart; no specific source named, filtered/purified bottled water.

3. I would give a name, but it changes, as they buy it in huge bulk lots as whatever is available from their supplier(s) at the time. I think it was Mountain Spring on my cruise back in May, 2016, but it might be different on my upcoming cruise this September. "Brand X" can be an amusing way to describe it as a both non immediately recognizable brand of water and as "Celebrity" Water since the line is affectionately called X by many.

Hi everyone,

Hope I can jump in here with an alcohol question. Hey, it's mostly water!

Anyway, we are considering purchasing the classic package from the UK website, we live in UK, but want to know if there will be a good enough range of wines included. So, if you can please let us know if we will be able to get some sort of sparkling wine. I'm hoping champagne but will settle for prosecco or cava, but not Asti.

Thanks in advance

🥂[emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I have not been on X since 2005. I have been sailing a couple of other lines, one of which is Princess. I would like to know about the size and cost of a small still water? I love the small size because I can put a Crystal Lite fruit punch in it. I love to drink this and relax and watch the TV before dinner in our cabin. Having the small bottle of water means no measuring out ship's water. All I have to do is open the bottle and pour the single use packet in, shake and drink.

Now I know I can buy a water package, but it is not just still water. On Princess I can get a still water package of 12 small bottles (16.9 oz) for $6.90. Does X sell on board any such package?

Ship water is fine too, but it is more convenient in a bottle.