St Kitts question??

squeeky336

I never been to St Kitts.. what is the best and most unique thing to do there? Al the ships excursions look the same.. I would ask the same question about Grand Turk? I hear is small and that the ship excursions fr city tours are overpriced.. But don't know what to look for.. I might enjoy conk diving or seeing what is special about the island.

Well my interest are to do something different than on the other islands. When I look at the ships excursions it is the same beach break and snuba stuff you can find everywhere. I know I don't want to shop for jewelry. Seems the cruise line always wants to get you to do that at Diamonds International..

I never been to St Kitts.. what is the best and most unique thing to do there? Al the ships excursions look the same.. I would ask the same question about Grand Turk? I hear is small and that the ship excursions fr city tours are overpriced.. But don't know what to look for.. I might enjoy conk diving or seeing what is special about the island.

There are several excursions to choose from for St. Kitts, through the cruise line as well as independent companies. On our recent visit, we went zip-lining. Not necessarily the most unique thing, but it was a lot of fun, and we would do it again without hesitation. We've been to Grand Turk three times. On our first visit, we rented a golf cart and rode all over the island. If that's something that interests you, do your research on who's best to rent from. Make your reservation well in advance. It's a very popular thing to do, and availability is limited. Be sure you take your e-mail confirmation with you. The last two times we went were beach days for us. For excursion ideas and recommendations for any place you're visiting, start with the Ports of Call board on here to see what others have done and recommend. Trip Advisor is another very good source of information.

Went to St Kitts for the first time recently, we didn't really fancy any of the trips advertised so decided to do our own thing. As you get off the ship there are a lot of tourist type shops and a small local craft market it was also a very easy walk into the town itself. We then walked back to the dock area and took an open sided bus trip for $20 each it lasted for 2 and a half hours and he took us over the older part of the island and then to the other side where the luxury hotels are, we also visited an old rum plantation which used to employ a large number of slaves. It was a really good trip and fantastic value for money. Hope this is of some help

St. Kitts - Pereria Tours for a private island tour. Liz is AH-MAY-ZING. I HIGHLY recommend her.

Grand Turk - Rent a golf cart and spend the day on the island having fun and doing things yourself. No need to book some excursion.

Not sure this would interest you, but we took an open air train ride through St Kitts and saw the whole countryside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree, the train ride to parts of the island seldom seen is an interesting thing to do. :D