Platinum check-in time?

A&Jfamily

Since I am platinum, I assume it would be nice for me to select the latest check-in time slot available since we can board anytime?

We will be on the Sunshine in Norfolk and that is a home port for us. In fact, DH works across the street so might even board, eat lunch and send him back to the office! LOL

Since I am platinum, I assume it would be nice for me to select the latest check-in time slot available since we can board anytime?

We will be on the Sunshine in Norfolk and that is a home port for us. In fact, DH works across the street so might even board, eat lunch and send him back to the office! LOL

More people should have your mindset....its called courtesy and its refreshing....Nice Job (y)

Enjoy your cruise

Since the staggered check-in times are to control the traffic flow into the port area and help the port estimate exactly how many passengers will need processing at any given time, I don't see this as being polite to your fellow cruisers.

For what ever reason you are priority you really should pick a check-in time that is realistic for your intended arrival time. If your ideal check-in time is not available you should pick the one closest to it. For the passengers' convenience priority does allow you to ignore the check-in time and arrive earlier, but if too many priority pick late then show up hours earlier it does a great disservice to your fellow passengers and the port employees.

The port authority may well depend on a report from Carnival on how many of each type of passenger has plans to check-in at any given window of time and may decide to allocate personnel to those sections (priority, general, or disabled) or run breaks if it looks like a lull. If fact if the port authorities may even have some personnel come in later to accommodate the larger influx for late processing leaving the early shift understaffed. So if a high percentage of priority passengers pick a later check-in to give those in general a better chance of processing-in and boarding early it defeats the intent of the process.

We are Platinum and always pick the time we think we will be there. I think that is the best option to keep things moving steadily. Typically, we try to go even BEFORE the first time slot, and sail through the boarding process.

More people should have your mindset....its called courtesy and its refreshing....Nice Job (y)

Enjoy your cruise

I totally disagree. I'm with those who say choose the time you really plan to arrive. Why? Suppose you are on a popular cruise, maybe a Journeys cruise where 1/3 of the guests are plat/dia or in suites, with a number of FTTF. So if those 500-600 people choose a late time but show up early, along with the regular people who chose the early times that were available, you could have more than half the capacity showing up at the same time. It would be exactly what the staggered times were created to avoid. EM

On this cruise I truly don't know when I will be boarding - it all depends on both our work schedules. I went with latest time (never seen 330-4 offered) and if we get there earlier oh well.

Looks like either way I throw off Carnivals count or someone might be forced into a much later slot than necessary.

Guess it's like my two sons - neither is gonna be happy at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums