Any advice for a Ocean View cruise

bluecruisin

We have been blessed to have been able to sail on Celebrity 5 times before. Each time in a balcony or Sky Suite. Our next cruise is booked in an Ocean View on the 3rd deck on Th Equinox on next spring's Jazz Cruise. Anyone care to share their views on this cabin type or hints on how to make the most of this space? Thanks in advance!

Did the Jazz Fest cruise this year. My advice has nothing to do with the cabin.

I recommend buying a 1 day Jazz Fest ticket good for any of the days you will be there. This year stormed Sunday until mid afternoon, Jazz Fest didn't open until 3 and the fairgrounds were a muddy mess.

The easiest/least expensive way to get to Jazz Fest is to take the tram which stops at the Julia St pier. If you are a senior a 1 ride ticket is .40. The tram has a stop right where the Jazz Fest shuttle leaves from-r/t ticket $20pp. The shuttle goes into the fairgrounds where Uber, taxi's buses can't so if you take a taxi you will walk about 4/6 blocks to get to the fairgrounds.

we did an oceanview once. the cabin seems smaller even with the curtains pulled open. We were facing front on deck 6. We were required to close our curtains at night - one night we got back to the cabin, knock on the door, an we were asked to close our curtains. Room is basically the same as the veranda - you can't open the window and you can't get fresh air.

we did an oceanview once. the cabin seems smaller even with the curtains pulled open. We were facing front on deck 6. We were required to close our curtains at night - one night we got back to the cabin, knock on the door, an we were asked to close our curtains. Room is basically the same as the veranda - you can't open the window and you can't get fresh air.

Why were you required to close your curtains at night?

DW and I have been on the Equinox 3 times. We usually go down to Deck 3 in the front of the ship and walk back to get to the MDR. Everytime we do DW remarks how crowded and dark it feels down there and how it smells. We always stay in an inside cabin on a high deck (cabin 9160 on deck 9) which is located on an inside passageway. It is quiet and there is absolutely no foot traffic. Plus you're close to the Solarium and for going down to the Equinox theater. The inside cabins are the same interior space as an oceanview. Plus you can save hundreds per person. The only drawback is you may not get the same perks. An alternative approach would be to get a balcony guarantee which is usually on deck 6. They say the cabins are partially obstructed. All this means is that you can't see straight down to the waterline. Your view straight out is perfectly fine. You can get a real bargain this way.

In any case, you'll love the Equinox. Great ship and great friendly crew. Enjoy your cruise.

If you have OBC you can prepurchase the Jazz tickets thru X. Same price as buying elsewhere.

Don't use their transportation. They charge $29 extra pp to go the same distance as the trolley as mentioned above. We walked and it is about 1/2 mile thru a mall and along the river walk to the same bus that cost $20 round trip pp.

We bought a cheap $10 tent ground blanket from W Mart that we used at the Jazz Fest. It was light and easy to carry. The Festival has a lot of places to sit, food lines and lavs weren't as bad as some sites write and prices were reasonable.

When the headliners play don't expect to sit and enjoy it because people will stand as soon as they start and continue doing so.

For us one day was plenty. We went on Fri as the weather outlook wasn't very promising. The crowds were not as bad as on the weekend, but it also depends on who you want to see. They will publish the blocks of entertainers about a month prior.

Your ticket is good for any day that you want to use it.

Push Play 🎹🎷🎺🎸🎼😛

Because the bridge is above and the crew gets distracted by looking in at the activities 😜

Some truth to the sentence above. The light from the cabin interferes with the bridges abiltity to see at night during the darkness.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞😇

They had a cabin facing the front of the ship, we have had these in the past. At night they ask that you shut your curtains so the light doesn't cause glare and bother the staff on the bridge

To actually address your question [emoji849], the OV cabins on deck 3 are great. Easy access when returning from shore, great for grabbing water or waiting for your cabin mate at the passport bar. The cabin itself is the same as any balcony cabin you've been in, just minus the balcony, so same storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OV is the only cabin I book on any cruise line. I found I was never using the balcony and wanted the balcony footage in my cabin to use. If you will look at Deck plans for whatever ship you are booking and look at all OV cabins you will see on the diagrams for each deck the cabins are different, especially the forward and very rear OV cabins. I booked an OV on my last cruise that was almost pie shaped and it was as big as a balcony, even bigger. I was in awe of the cabin. Window seat under the window and unobstructed views. You must do your research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk