Would you switch rooms?

lmintzer

We kids and I are currently booked in 15116 (2 bedroom suite) on the Breakaway to Bermuda. My mom and her husband are booked into the accessible stateroom on 16 (16128--we booked this room for her as she will have a mobility scooter).

When we booked, nothing on 16 was available for us. I happened to check tonight and 16114 is now available.

Would you bother switching? It would be nice to be on her deck in case she needs any help from me; however, we would be right under the public sundeck on 17 and might hear chairs being moved around?

We kids and I are currently booked in 15116 (2 bedroom suite) on the Breakaway to Bermuda. My mom and her husband are booked into the accessible stateroom on 16 (16128--we booked this room for her as she will have a mobility scooter).

When we booked, nothing on 16 was available for us. I happened to check tonight and 16114 is now available.

Would you bother switching? It would be nice to be on her deck in case she needs any help from me; however, we would be right under the public sundeck on 17 and might hear chairs being moved around?

Is 16114 still a two bedroom suite? It's far enough away from 16128 that depending on how close your current room is to elevator the distance of current room might be fine.

Unless your mother usually needs help from you, wouldn't change. Can't her husband give her whatever help she might need?

16114 is also a 2 bedroom. Yes, her husband can certainly help her. I just wondered if it would be easier to be on the same deck. And, also, if we would appreciate being right across from the Haven pool area. But if it might be noisy, we'll definitely stay put.

We kids and I are currently booked in 15116 (2 bedroom suite) on the Breakaway to Bermuda. My mom and her husband are booked into the accessible stateroom on 16 (16128--we booked this room for her as she will have a mobility scooter). When we booked, nothing on 16 was available for us. I happened to check tonight and 16114 is now available. Would you bother switching? It would be nice to be on her deck in case she needs any help from me; however, we would be right under the public sundeck on 17 and might hear chairs being moved around?

I would definitely move. The rooms on 15 are not really part of the Haven's complex. They are rooms stuck in a "spare space" next to the Spa. If you are on 16, you enter the Havens complex and courtyard. Your room would be in the hall along the side of the Havens pool. You could walk from your bedroom to a lounger in 10 steps!

When are you cruising? Have a good one!

16114 is also a 2 bedroom. Yes, her husband can certainly help her. I just wondered if it would be easier to be on the same deck. And, also, if we would appreciate being right across from the Haven pool area. But if it might be noisy, we'll definitely stay put.

We were in 16712 on Getaway which is across the courtyard and heard no noise from the pool/hallway. I would switch to deck 16 simply because you are in the main Haven area rather than the "add-on" rooms below. It is nice to be right there for anything you might need (the snacks in the courtyard, the bar, etc.). We would often grab something and take it back to our cabin, which was much easier to do without stairs.

And I'm not sure if you originally booked online or over the phone, but not all available cabins show online. So if there is ever a cabin you want, you may want to try calling to see if it is just not showing online.

Possible noise is critical to consider staying put.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have stayed in this room and heard zero noise, being across from the pool idea is a huge plus and you feel like you are in the action rather then on the higher deck away from the have experience. I would move

We were in 16118 last March (2016) and almost every night we were awoken by noise from above. Even my sister who sleeps like a log said to me one morning, "what were they doing playing basketball" so if I had my choice I would stay on 15

Wow--some very different experiences regarding the noise! Still not sure what I'm going to do.

You most likely will not get noise from the hallway/pool, but you might get noise from above. We didn't notice enough to bother us, but we had the Haven sundeck/Vibe above us. Being on the port side, you will have the public sundeck above you.

And, of course, this can vary by sailing. We sailed in the same cabin on the Epic. We had a public sundeck above us. One year we were woken by noise twice -- the other year, we had no noise.

Honestly, I like the easy access to the Haven lounge. It's nice to walk past the concierge on our way to our room. If we would travel on the Getaway/Breakaway again, I would choose a room on 16 regardless of the potential of noise from above.

I have only stayed on 15 on Breakaway, but I thought it was a wonderful location. We were right by the stairs up to the Haven lounge, it was nice and quiet, and was very convenient to all of the places we went frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have only stayed on 15 on Breakaway, but I thought it was a wonderful location. We were right by the stairs up to the Haven lounge, it was nice and quiet, and was very convenient to all of the places we went frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This. I don't remember the room number but it was a 2-bedroom pretty near the stairs. We've also stayed right across the courtyard on a different ship, and I thought our location on Breakaway was great. You'll still be in the Haven "proper", just not looking out on the courtyard.