Ulu Knives

Jiml60

I'd say "no." Have it shipped. From NCL:

WEAPONS, EXPLOSIVES OR OTHER DANGEROUS ITEMS

No weapon, explosive, or other item that presents a risk of harm to persons or property, are permitted onboard. They will be taken by ship’s Security and appropriate action taken. Guests are not allowed to bring their own scuba gears onboard such as oxygen tanks, diving knives, spears, etc.

I would check with security on the actual ship when you are on board. Try to arrange with someone in authority to be able to buy it and have it stored for you till you debark. But remember that you are also bound by the laws of the country concerned and you may have it taken from you by the USA customs, again check with them. We certainly couldn't get one into NZ,

I would check with security on the actual ship when you are on board. Try to arrange with someone in authority to be able to buy it and have it stored for you till you debark. But remember that you are also bound by the laws of the country concerned and you may have it taken from you by the USA customs, again check with them. We certainly couldn't get one into NZ,

US customs doesn't care that you are buying a knife made by native Americans and bringing it into the US,

OP you can buy the Ulu. It may or may not be held by security until the final night, or you can have it sent home by USPS or FedEx.

I'd say "no." Have it shipped. From NCL:

WEAPONS, EXPLOSIVES OR OTHER DANGEROUS ITEMS

No weapon, explosive, or other item that presents a risk of harm to persons or property, are permitted onboard. They will be taken by ship’s Security and appropriate action taken. Guests are not allowed to bring their own scuba gears onboard such as oxygen tanks, diving knives, spears, etc.

This has nothing to do with souvenir Ulu knives. They are a common purchase in AK, and the ship has procedures in place to handle them.

We're going to Alaska and wondering if you can buy Ulu Knives and bring them on board coming back from Alaska ? Thank you in advance

The one we purchased in a box was no problem bringing aboard when the shopping bag went through the scanner.

Ones not in a box might be confiscated but would then be returned at end of cruise.

Buying an ulu online does not give me the same memory as the one I bought in Alaska does.

Yes, I agree and thought about that as I posted.

But - I wil add another comment about the whole security on the ship thing. I have seen them take small knives that people buy ashore and "hold them". The silly part is they give out steak knives every night in the dining room. Rather silly, eh?

Thank you all for the useful answers, and agreed that it has to be a genuine authentic Alaskan Knife, I figured they would just confiscate it when you get back on board. I told my wife the best bet is to mail them home, or UPS them back. Yes, it is silly that they do give a steak knife in the dining room. The people that just got off the last cruise, was it as amazing as you expected ? Did you get to see whales, bears and Bald eagles and glaciers calving ? Thank you all once again ! :)