New Menu

• 1 month later...
Unless there is a new new menu, Oasis got the new menu last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2375673

Yeah, that's it. I don't know of the blog was slow or if the person on FB found it and just thought it was new.

It will still be new to me, as the last cruse still had the old "spices" menus

Thanks

Ed

I wish RCI would make some type of "official" announcement on if/when the new menus will be introduced fleetwide. Oasis, I believe, is the only ship that has the new menus and they've been used for almost 2 years. Over the past year, I've asked the Hotel Manager for information on all my cruises. Last August and December I was told they would start to be introduced first quarter 2017. On a cruise in January I was told second quarter and in March and again in May I was told they had no idea.

I'm one who usually enjoys the food in the MDR but as a fairly frequent cruiser would like a change from the spice menus. I'm very anxious for the return of duck and Vidalia onion tart.

I wish RCI would make some type of "official" announcement on if/when the new menus will be introduced fleetwide. Oasis, I believe, is the only ship that has the new menus and they've been used for almost 2 years. Over the past year, I've asked the Hotel Manager for information on all my cruises. Last August and December I was told they would start to be introduced first quarter 2017. On a cruise in January I was told second quarter and in March and again in May I was told they had no idea.

I'm one who usually enjoys the food in the MDR but as a fairly frequent cruiser would like a change from the spice menus. I'm very anxious for the return of duck and Vidalia onion tart.

Someone on my roll call for my upcoming cruise on Oasis said they were on Empress recently. So they are beginning to be implemented.

Someone on my roll call for my upcoming cruise on Oasis said they were on Empress recently.

There are a number of one-offs on Empress (and Quantum) and would not count anything being done on there as indicative of the rest of the fleet.

We had the new menus on Oasis this spring and really enjoyed them. I think I've read they started in the fall of 2016. I asked our waiter if they would be on our Indy cruise in Sep and he said they would but have seen nothing to confirm that yet. We sail Celebrity a lot and though the new menus on Oasis were a lot like Celebrity offerings.

Surely they have tested/tweaked them enough now to roll them out fleetwide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone on my roll call for my upcoming cruise on Oasis said they were on Empress recently. So they are beginning to be implemented.

We had a different menu when we sailed Empress In April . We asked about changes and were told the menu was special for Cuba sailings. We sailed Oasis in Feb and the two menus were very different.

And Empress has no breakfast or lunch menu for the MDR on sea days. There is only a brunch buffet on sea days. Hours are limited from morning till about noon or 1PM.

M