June 2, 2017 Navigator of the Seas Review - Baltic Sea

jonj, I notice you used Danish Krona for your boat tour. Did you notice if they accepted Euros in either Denmark or Norway at all.Hubby seems to remember that some places did last time we were there.Have gone through all your Cruise Compasses. Thanks, great reading.Leany:D

We actually didn't use the local currency I was quoting the cost but used a credit card to pay. They did accept euros as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is my understanding that it is only VAT in Spain that is an issue and if an itinerary includes a port which is outside of the EU, even a stop at a Spanish port doesn't result in Spanish VAT being charged.

Gibraltar is the usual stop in Med cruises which results in no VAT being charged.

Therefore, once Brexit kicks in, there's a chance that EVERY cruise of out the UK will automatically have no VAT in Spain!

When your cruise incudes a non EU stop, like Gibraltar or Canary islands, there is no VAT charged on board, however this only applies when sailing, and mainland Spain do charge tva at 8 or 10% when you are docked, so overnight stops and late sailing times will incur these costs.

• 4 weeks later...
Navigator won't fit under the new bridge.

Serenade goes the long way round as well. On Serenade they did say it can fit under at low tide but I cannot confirm if it has done it or not. The Oresund bridge is really nice. We got a great view of it from the Blu Planet

if this is the main bridge between Sweden and Denmark it does fit. We sailed under it with about 9 metres (more like 9 feet) to spare. Very spectacular considering you are simply going under a bridge.

Just back from the 26th June sailing.

few hints and tips. If you want to book excursions, do it before you go. Big queues at excursions desk all the time-which was a real novelty to me as I tend to go on the Med cruises. Some of the St petersburg were actually sold out on day 2.

Copenhagen is like one giant building site and VERY congested. Hop on hop off, took 2 hours to go to city centre and back. We got off at Tivoli and really didn't have enough time. If you want to see the best, stay on past Tivoli and this brings you to the famous multi coloured houses street. Do NOT expect all of copenhagen to be like that. Modern city, faceless buildings-bit of a disappointment actually.