June 2, 2017 Navigator of the Seas Review - Baltic Sea

Is it right the ship never went under the Oresund Bridge after leaving Copenhagen? It went the long way round and went under the Store Belt Bridge instead.

Navigator won't fit under the new bridge.

Serenade goes the long way round as well. On Serenade they did say it can fit under at low tide but I cannot confirm if it has done it or not. The Oresund bridge is really nice. We got a great view of it from the Blu Planet

Navigator won't fit under the new bridge.

Serenade goes the long way round as well. On Serenade they did say it can fit under at low tide but I cannot confirm if it has done it or not. The Oresund bridge is really nice. We got a great view of it from the Blu Planet

Yes just googled some info and Navigator won't fit under the Oresund Bridge. It is a long way round to get to Stockholm.

AB7FA29B-E525-4F61-8E8A-14F6478871AF_zpsixox1ksr.jpg

Is it easy enough to get from ship to pick up canal boat trip - what dies it cost for boat trip?

Loving your posts as on cruise on June 14

I'm not sure if a canal boat tour starts at the Little Mermaid. We started at Nyhavn and went passed it.

This thread is very informative. You might consider the Copenhagen Card

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2488925&page=10

Sure we went under the Oresund bridge last year while on the Navigator. Got the pics and video to prove it ! Has something changed with the bridge, or is it maybe tide dependant ?

The next four days we are in port and no dining room lunch. We do plan on eating there on the next sea day.

We are enjoying ourselves and relaxing. Does the ship show some wear and tear? Yes but not much and it isn't interfering with our holiday. All staff members we have encountered have been great

The upselling of specialty restaurants the first couple of days was annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Crab ravioli, this was our least favorite of the night. They used claw meat and really didn't have much of a crab flavor.

9cc8522759d08366d38afb03c5ef65d7.jpg

Gnocchi was very good

a652f9820065b5e050e43f880926d7da.jpg

Ossobucco

789c5d21f27398edcbed26c29f6b0bfd.jpg

Veal

6a6e8f4eda9d1126b710302951da46a2.jpg

As it was the second formal night we also walked through the windjammer to see what they had. While not pictured there was always a section of Indian food for both lunch and dinner. Also a gluten free section.

00b5cceb23d4879a543cd5c6d414100a.jpg

0455f1e9849f7945200812c87fcd80e7.jpg

497a657aa1cf70e4480cf6606ac181a2.jpg

4bf07b610c26b62e731c0905c6bc6e30.jpg

f17de28bacdd70601f0a53375554210a.jpg

Ha ha Bobby Davro

Ha ha! I thought that! We saw him in panto last Christmas and had seen his name in a Cruise Compass from our Explorer cruise a couple of years ago, but they admitted it was a mistake and he'd actually been on the cruise before us and they'd misprinted the compass.

I wonder what the OP will think if they go? [TIP: The later show will undoubtedly be a lot more risque than the earlier one!]

OP - I'm very much enjoying your review and getting a first insight into the way the menus have been adapted slightly for the British crowd. I hope you're enjoying your cruise as much as I'm enjoying reading about it!

Helsinki shuttle bus into town €10 per person.

There is a small area with some souvenirs next to the ship which I found to be of better quality than the stands in Market Square.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jonj

In case anyone was wondering service in the windjammer has been good, someone coming around and cleaning up constantly. Also coming around with drinks or offering to get them.

On port days the windjammer is open from 3-5 with some food and have also noticed they have scones and a few crustless sandwiches in addition to food items. They are referring it to snacks

Thanks for the kind words and following. I am not a witty writer but was looking for info on this itinerary and there wasn't much there. Thought I would post for others.

We are very much enjoying the cruise

Edited by jonj

Someone asked about a lunch menu. There is one in the room but not sure how much it changes from day to day

c053fc1a4fd7f3f280c427a52933744b.jpg

In addition to the regular breakfast menu the suites have this option.

1bad22c4411ed0c040f321b3869d06ff.jpg

Someone asked about a lunch menu. There is one in the room but not sure how much it changes from day to day

That's the lunch menu I have seen previously on other ships. It sure looks like it doesn't change much at all day to day which is disappointing. The Vietnamese fried rice is to die for.