June 2, 2017 Navigator of the Seas Review - Baltic Sea

We are sailing this week, June 2, 2017, on the Navigator of the Seas on a Baltic Itinerary. We are in a Grand suite. I am hoping to post while traveling, Of course it will depend on internet speed. If anyone has any questions post them here and I will try and get answers.

We will be in London for two nights before the cruise.

Itinerary is 12 nights - round trip Southampton, visiting Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki, overnight in St Petersburg Russia, Tallin and Brugges.

Received the welcome email from concierge five days prior to cruise start date. It was a standard letter listing the perks of being in the suite. I had emailed concierge last Monday, followed up on Wednesday and followed up once I received the welcome email, asking about a reservation we wanted to make on the ship as the cruise planner is not listing it on the correct date according to the Food and Beverage manager. No response to any of my emails. The Bottomless Brunch is supposed to be on a sea day, on the cruise planner it is listed on the day we are in Brugges which according to F&B manager that is not correct.

Transfers - we are using a private car service from Heathrow to our hotel in London, he was recommended by a friend who travels to London often. Transfers from our hotel to Southampton and from the ship back to the airport we are using Smithsforairports. They were very responsive to all my questions.

Edited by jonj

We booked a private two day tour in St Petersburg with Travel With Eagles. Other than that it will be DIY. We like to wander around and pop in wherever it interests us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I notice that the drinks package allowance per drink is now $14 ( up from $12)

First thing I spotted too! Good news with the increased drink prices on U.K. sailings. I will look at the bar menus in a different light now, looking for all the things I can drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice that the drinks package allowance per drink is now $14 ( up from $12)

I think it's normal for cruises out of the UK to have higher drink package allowances because the published drink prices on those cruises typically include the 18% gratuity.

I think it's normal for cruises out of the UK to have higher drink package allowances because the published drink prices on those cruises typically include the 18% gratuity.

The drink prices do include the 18% gratuity noticed it on the slip we had to sign. We are not doing the drink package

First time I've seen Scotch Egg's and Pork Pies in Cafe Promenade. Is that new, or have I just not been paying attention!:rolleyes:

Simon

First time for us out of Southampton and I hadn't seen it posted before and why I took a photo of it

Dinner night 1 dining

French onion soup and Pasta off the classic menu

0971075eb87ce2d7b0b8a8eb685363ff.jpg

ea4c1deb52b1fe23ddbfb3968e7a0187.jpg

Salmon, the steak is off the classic menu and was better than the salmon

97ee2f0f8723f6609094dff06acc7af0.jpg

87729f32440208733a32ca79198d713d.jpg

Dessert, blueberry peach crumble and a cheese plate

4a12400b3b1434c76f1c1a855c2a44be.jpg

c65fa644dc7f969ddd775f30143beabf.jpg