June 2, 2017 Navigator of the Seas Review - Baltic Sea

Itinerary change ? weather related, political , or why... Has anyone given the reason why the change ? We're a group that will be on her next week to do the 12 nighter. Looking forward to hearing from you or someone.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Helsinki Day 6 - there isn't much to do in the city and if you would like a short port day just taking a shuttle to the city center would work. €10 per person. There is a good small souvenir place at the cruise terminal.

If you want more to do I would suggest an excursion outside the city. One of the ones we were thinking about was Porvoo but didn't. We should have.

Old market

184a6da1a6280b78a703502603774547.jpg

a6bea66817c19091cc5004712381c269.jpg

ab07387096d6020d94ee9b3c9c5689d1.jpg

9496a611cf47c8576d138bd8af8fcc5e.jpg

947185adb952c11f12aae560feb39be9.jpg

Day 6 menu

b12de0deac2dfa17b7b6683be27f8ae6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Helsinki day we had the chef table booked. While enjoyable if you really know your wines, have a chef in the family or are used to really nice restaurants you will think it is ok. The food was very good but they can elevate it more.

We had purchased it on the cruise planner when there was a sale on it. On this longer cruise they are also offering a repeat night for anyone that's wanted to go again, with different menus and different wines at 20% off the regular price.

9cda155aedc128206c8bd6414fccd5dc.jpg

d0e87d7a10e2c1ccd010b80df31f0bea.jpg

e790799fc769efd23dc15bb99f268255.jpg

8c7f44666ece71fecff6dcb8be943bcb.jpg

5a07f324b085abf9f9586fbf157b3692.jpg

4a77513fc2130e9b48f333189c446f0b.jpg

Day 7- St Petersburg

We booked a private tour for just us two. We wanted to be on our own time and go as quickly or as slowly as we wanted. If it's within your budget I highly recommend this. We chose Travel By Eagle as the company and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

We didn't get back to the ship until 7:30 in the evening and were very tired. We decided to go to the windjammer for a quick meal, it was a mistake as it seems everyone else had the same idea and it was packed.

Day 7 menu and Compass

bd3ac497ecc8fb4084cb3180e4d4b061.jpg

ee626b63980aaa427738b905b02f7310.jpg

37b36ad64be625e95de6dc53cbfe55e0.jpg

9850c90de0e6715c67c19c28adbaa6e0.jpg

006a97d400eae07e6981f7dea82b690d.jpg

Thanks again jonj for the Compass and menus you took pictures of. As I mentioned we'll be boarding next Wednesday.

How's the seas been ? Any rough seas, strong winds, rain? Back here in the Boston area I've checked the weather in Europe and the weather radar shows showers lurking over where you're at from time to time. I guess a light jacket is something that we'll need to bring along.

Overall are you impressed with the Navigator's Captain and crew and having a good time ? We have tours already booked in each country. Who's the current Captain ? I've read that the Cruise Director isn't exactly one of the best and Cuddy is the Activity Manager? is that right, he was the Cruise Director three months ago when we did a Southern Caribbean out of Miami on the Navigator.

Thanks again for your postings!

Sure we went under the Oresund bridge last year while on the Navigator. Got the pics and video to prove it ! Has something changed with the bridge, or is it maybe tide dependant ?

No, you didn't, Navigator is to high to sail under Oresund bridge. the sailing hight of Navigator is 63m and max hight for going under Oresund is 57m so it's not possible.

I met Naviagtor both times she sailed from Copenhagen to the baltic in 2016 and we are not sailing under Oresund bridge, but Great belt bridge.

To Jonj great pictures and lovely to see som pictures from my hometown, Oslo :)

Edited by Chris92671

Thanks again jonj for the Compass and menus you took pictures of. As I mentioned we'll be boarding next Wednesday.

How's the seas been ? Any rough seas, strong winds, rain? Back here in the Boston area I've checked the weather in Europe and the weather radar shows showers lurking over where you're at from time to time. I guess a light jacket is something that we'll need to bring along.

Overall are you impressed with the Navigator's Captain and crew and having a good time ? We have tours already booked in each country. Who's the current Captain ? I've read that the Cruise Director isn't exactly one of the best and Cuddy is the Activity Manager? is that right, he was the Cruise Director three months ago when we did a Southern Caribbean out of Miami on the Navigator.

Thanks again for your postings!

I'd read Cuddy was the CD

Could you tell me about options to do laundry on board? I understand there is no self-serve laundromat, but read that they offered a "fill a bag" for one set price about midway through the cruise. Have you seen this? How much can it hold and how much does it cost? Are there requirements for what can or can't be in the bag? Thank you!

Yes I believe on a 12 nighter there's two times you can fill the paper or plastic bag that the cabin attendant gives you. A seven nighter once. If you roll the clothes up small you can fit a lot of tee shirts, shorts socks, underwear in it. I don't recommend putting in anything that would require ironing or something that might cause the colors to run. It's not unusual to sometimes have white clothes (underwear) come back with a slightly different shade on them. It's wash and fold also. The price depends on your C&A status. If you're Diamond I believe you get 1 free laundry service. If you're D+ you get two free laundry services using both peoples names. I might be wrong where we haven't had to pay for our laundry for many years but I'll take a chance and say it was between 20-30 dollars for the whole bag. Others out there maybe you can answer that one better.

Everything you put in the bag you write on the slip. Not a bad perk but remember not to put anything that the colors can run or it's something that if it didn't come out the way you were hoping that you wont get upset.

The seas have been very calm, Trond Holm is the Captain, Cuddy is the cruise director. It has been chilly and the pools have not gotten much use. Definitely bring a jacket I would bring two one lighter and a rain jacket. We had rain in Oslo and the second Russia day.

Today is Tallin and the weather is cool but sunny.

We haven't taken part in many activities onboard, still enjoying the ship. We both work long hours and trying to relax on the days not in port.

I asked about the swapping of Tallinn and Helsinki in the next two sailings and no one knew why, what they did think is maybe due to the number of ships in port.

Laundry- the cost is $34.99 as Platinum status we have $5 off. The bag is not very large but is you lay everything out on top of each other then roll it up you can fit a week of undergarments and a nightgown. They do not take regular shirts, pants, etc those would be dry cleaning and a per piece cost.

Thank you! That is very helpful!

Yes I believe on a 12 nighter there's two times you can fill the paper or plastic bag that the cabin attendant gives you. A seven nighter once. If you roll the clothes up small you can fit a lot of tee shirts, shorts socks, underwear in it. I don't recommend putting in anything that would require ironing or something that might cause the colors to run. It's not unusual to sometimes have white clothes (underwear) come back with a slightly different shade on them. It's wash and fold also. The price depends on your C&A status. If you're Diamond I believe you get 1 free laundry service. If you're D+ you get two free laundry services using both peoples names. I might be wrong where we haven't had to pay for our laundry for many years but I'll take a chance and say it was between 20-30 dollars for the whole bag. Others out there maybe you can answer that one better.

Everything you put in the bag you write on the slip. Not a bad perk but remember not to put anything that the colors can run or it's something that if it didn't come out the way you were hoping that you wont get upset.