Neets Bay Bear Watch & Flight

KristyMisty14

Great tour, with multiple bears and hatchery. Nice flight over the island to the bay to land. BUT, first time we planned it the weather wouldn't let us fly. Made it on the second trip. By the way Promech Air also books directly, usually cheaper.

Great tour, with multiple bears and hatchery. Nice flight over the island to the bay to land. BUT, first time we planned it the weather wouldn't let us fly. Made it on the second trip. By the way Promech Air also books directly, usually cheaper.

Promech Air no longer exists. They got folded into Taquan Air.

I did this tour in 2014 on day 2 of bear season, and saw no bears. :(

Being that you want to see bear, this web site might add to your enjoyment. Right now they are showing web cam bear highlights because the bears have not yet come down from the mountains. When they first come down the are skinny, but as the season goes on the brown bears get huge! It is also fun to watch the cubs grow.

The only thing to remember when the cams are live is that these bears are in the wild. And you can see anything from playfulness, fighting, mating and even death of a bear.

The best time is when the salmon are swimming up stream and the bear are feeding.

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

This is from Brooks Fall in Katmai National Park Alaska.

Good to know! When did you try ... both times?

Being that you want to see bear, this web site might add to your enjoyment. Right now they are showing web cam bear highlights because the bears have not yet come down from the mountains. When they first come down the are skinny, but as the season goes on the brown bears get huge! It is also fun to watch the cubs grow.

The only thing to remember when the cams are live is that these bears are in the wild. And you can see anything from playfulness, fighting, mating and even death of a bear.

The best time is when the salmon are swimming up stream and the bear are feeding.

That's awesome!!! Thanks.... we are booked in the beginning of August, so hoping that will be a good time for them to be out.

That's awesome!!! Thanks.... we are booked in the beginning of August, so hoping that will be a good time for them to be out.

The bears show be out at least at the park, I believe by the mid to end of June.

This live cam in the summer is FANTASTIC! I can/do spend hours watching!

Remember: 4 hr. time difference if you're on eastern time.

It is a great web site. I love when the rangers have a live chat. One of the nicest things I saw in bear behavior was a couple of year ago (maybe 2 years ago) was the female bear named Holly had one cub. And then she adopted a year old cub. She took care of that cub like it was her own, even nursing the adopted cub.

It is a great web site. I love when the rangers have a live chat. One of the nicest things I saw in bear behavior was a couple of year ago (maybe 2 years ago) was the female bear named Holly had one cub. And then she adopted a year old cub. She took care of that cub like it was her own, even nursing the adopted cub.

Question; what is your signature picture; the island with palm tree? It looks familiar

Question; what is your signature picture; the island with palm tree? It looks familiar

It is just a generic picture taken from a gif web site. If you click on it, it will take you to the site. I was going to tell you it was taken on Gilligan's Island! I love tropical islands, so I just had to have one on my posts.

• 1 month later...

That webcam is great! I clicked through and was able to see a bear catch a salmon! Thank you very much. :)

I did this tour in mid-September a few years ago. It was one of the best tours ever. There were a dozen bears catching and eating salmon. One 400 pound bear came out of the river and stole a salmon out of the hatchery tank. Our group also saw a mother and two cubs. It was an amazing experience.

Go to that webcam now. A whole family of bears and pretty close up. Unbelievable since it is live. I am so hooked. Saved the site and keep watching it.

I am hooked too! I love when the bears are fishing at the falls, and watching the salmon trying to jump up the falls, only to be caught by a bear!

There's a close up right now of the three baby bears. They are so damn cute I can hardly stand it! Thanks for posting this site. It's going on my bookmarks for when I need a bear fix cuteness overload. ;p

Thanks.

Remember the Rangers also give live talks each week. Taken from their web site. I love their live chats from Brooks Camp. They really know their bears.

Got a question about the greater Katmai ecosystem? Katmai's rangers will be on the bearcam every Friday at 4:00 pm AKDT to answer your questions. Submit your questions here: https://goo.gl/forms/oNZqDj...