Club HAL is a hit!

CJcruzer

We had been taking a Carnival Caribbean cruisewith the kids/grandkids for a few years. Two years ago we had to cancel (all families) due to a death in the family. As I was booked for a May Veendam Bermuda cruise, I asked my son and family if he would like to join us May 2015 since we missed that year's winter holiday, and we could take one of the grandchildren in our room.

Well, they all really enjoyed the cruise and HAL, surprisingly enough! Even the kids! I taught my oldest granddaughter chess (on the boards positioned on the Explorations Cafe tables) and the kids were awesteuck by the Adagio strings.

Fast forward to this spring, and my son saw May 20, 2017 Bermuda sailing on top 10 sell-offs. We were on the 30 day Japan/No Pacific crossing at the time, and he asked if we wanted to book. Unfortunately, we had some commitments that could not be changed - so we declined. My son decided to splurge and book 2 rooms (3 children involved, and no family rooms on the Veendam)

They just returned and they had a FANTABULOUS time. the kids loved Club Hal. (On Carnival they never went, but then again, they were younger). My son and daughter-in-law were able to have some private time as the kids liked the dinner and movie with Club Hal.

I was so surprised and pleased for them....Looks like there is at least one younger generation couple who will become HAL diehards.

Just had to share.

I am so glad that your son and grand children had a wonderful Bermuda cruise.

Thanks for letting us all know.

only thing that would have made it better is if we could have hopped off the Volendam and hopped onto the Veendam with them.

So a tradition has started, Veendam was our first cruise with HAL, and my son and family's first HAL cruise is also on the Veendam. He has been on twice, we have been on 3 times.

A few years ago, we cruised with our Grandkids. They loved Club Hal. At that time the age divisions were 3-7, 8-12, 13+. We hope to board the Veendam next month. Our youngest will be 7. His siblings will be in the next older group.

Somewhere I read that the middle group now starts at age 7. Can anyone verify this? He is so accustomed to being with older kids that I'm afraid being with 3 and 4 year olds will put a damper on his enthusiasm.

Anyone have current info about the age brackets?