Ship's Excursions to Wineries.

Can you buy to bring back onboard? Will they hold it or let you take it to your room? Thanks.

The policy is that you may NOT bring back wine in ports of call, only in your port of embarkation.

Enforcement varies, however. ;)

Why do they even bother having excursions to wineries if you can't bring it onboard. That seems a bit ridiculous. Other lines make an exception if you're on a ships excursion.

You can bring the wine onboard, you just cannot have access to it until the end of the cruise.

On RCI, on our Mediterranean cruise, the policy was that you could bring the wine to the ship, but then give it to them upon re-boarding, to hold until disembarkation. I admit what we did was bad- we would have it in my backpack, and only give it to them if they noticed it in the scanning in process... Half the time they caught it and made us check it in, other times they did not.

Sidenote- touring the vineyard in Santorini was super neat :) The only annoying thing was that we actually wanted to taste and then buy the wine, after the tour, but there were SUPER LONG lines for people wanting to taste (and not buy). So, we bought a few (yummy) bottles, initially untasted.

There is a way to have alcohol in your cabin for a cruise. Book back to back. They will put the alcohol from your first cruise in your cabin the last night of the first cruise. We had lots of Ruby passengers do back to back last Med cruise of the summer then reposition back to Florida. We almost had more wine than we could drink. (I said ALMOST [emoji6] Terry

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can bring the wine onboard, you just cannot have access to it until the end of the cruise.

Yes, I should have been clearer about that. :)

You can always carry it on, but enforcement varies as to whether you can keep it or they take it away and return it at the end of your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a way to have alcohol in your cabin for a cruise. Book back to back. They will put the alcohol from your first cruise in your cabin the last night of the first cruise. We had lots of Ruby passengers do back to back last Med cruise of the summer then reposition back to Florida. We almost had more wine than we could drink. (I said ALMOST [emoji6] Terry

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal Caribbean catches that most of the time. You can't just do it that easily.

What you CAN do is have someone on the first cruise (who is not staying on) buy it for you. It will be delivered to THEIR cabin. You pay them and pick it up from them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums