New Blu Menu ?

cruise47

Just got off the Equinox and the dining room food was delicious.We booked Aqua class for next year on the Millie to Alaska.My question is can we eat in the main dining room instead of Blu? The posted menu's dosen,t really appeal to me at all.Too fancy for my liking.More so than the dining room! LOL :confused:

If you do not think you want to dine in Blu you might want to consider changing your reservation to a regular balcony (or Concierge Class). Why pay for Aqua if you are not going to use Blu. We have been in Aqua on 4 or 5 cruises...but the last two times we became bored with the menu and not too impressed with the quality. We decided (for our next 21 day Celebrity cruise) that it made more sense to save money and book a regular balcony (which turned out to be Concierge because of a good promo). We plan on having some dinners in the MDR....and at least half of our meals in Alternative venues such as Murano, Qsine and Lawn (we will be on the Reflection). With the discounts on alternative dining the cruise will actually cost us no more then Aqua....but we think the alternative dining (especially in Murano) is far superior to Blu.

As to breakfast (which we do like in Blu) we will likely do at least half in the Elite Breakfast...and sometimes go to the MDR, Lido or perhaps order room service.

Hank

Aqua class can use either the MDR or BLU restaurants or the buffet if that is where you prefer to eat. However...did you know that you can order from the MDR menuin the BLU restaurant?

Personally, I like the BLU restaurant as it is so much quieter than the MDR, there is no huge line waiting line to get into the restaurant generally only a few minutes wait plus the service is a step up from the MDR as the more experienced waiters work in BLU.

Just got off the Equinox and the dining room food was delicious.We booked Aqua class for next year on the Millie to Alaska.My question is can we eat in the main dining room instead of Blu? The posted menu's dosen,t really appeal to me at all.Too fancy for my liking.More so than the dining room! LOL :confused:

Aqua class can use either the MDR or BLU restaurants or the buffet if that is where you prefer to eat. However...did you know that you can order from the MDR menuin the BLU restaurant?

Personally, I like the BLU restaurant as it is so much quieter than the MDR, there is no huge line waiting line to get into the restaurant generally only a few minutes wait plus the service is a step up from the MDR as the more experienced waiters work in BLU.

You can not order from the nightly MDR menu in Blu. The ONLY MDR menu items that are available are from the "everyday classics". For entres that includes strip steak, roast chicken breast, and baked salmon. It used to on some ships they would make exceptions, but no longer. If you want something from the MDR nightly menu, then you have to eat there.

We were in Aqua class on the Summit for the May 7 - May 14 cruise to Bermuda and my daughter was able to order off of the MDR menu in Blu several nights. Apps and entrees from either menu. We enjoyed many wonderful dinners and I wish we went to Blu more often for breakfast!!

We were in Aqua class on the Summit for the May 7 - May 14 cruise to Bermuda and my daughter was able to order off of the MDR menu in Blu several nights. Apps and entrees from either menu. We enjoyed many wonderful dinners and I wish we went to Blu more often for breakfast!!

In M Class ships the MDR and Blu share the same Galley. In S Class ships the galleys are in separate locations. Long walk from MDR Galley and Blu and food quality suffers. Rules seem to change as Maire 'ds change; howver the general rule is that the MDR menu is NOT available in Blu. If you want the MDR menu you can go to the MDR. As a courtesy you should tell the Blu Maitre 'd that you will be going to Select dining in the MDR. I've done this many times on many different ships.

• 3 months later...
Can get both in BLU all the time...no idea if you can go to mdr and blu in same night.....why???

We were in a Sky Suite on our last cruise, and I thought about going to both Blu and Lumenae. Why? I didn't love the appetizer choices in Lumenae, but the ones in Blu looked great on several nights. Also we couldn't eat in Blu because they told us it was too busy, unless we came in the first half hour they were open.

So I gave some thought to going to Blu when they opened, having appetizers, ad then going to Lumenae for entrees and dessert. Never did it though.

Which brings up a question - Blu has a much bigger menu than Lumenae. I wonder why.

Probably, but why should that limit the number of choices?

A tiny restaurant with 10 tables is not going to have a 10-page menu like the Cheesecake Factory (just as an example)...especially since on a cruise where the choices change every night, you can't have a huge number of choices for a limited number of people - maybe it's just logical to me, but more people, more choices?

A tiny restaurant with 10 tables is not going to have a 10-page menu like the Cheesecake Factory (just as an example)...especially since on a cruise where the choices change every night, you can't have a huge number of choices for a limited number of people - maybe it's just logical to me, but more people, more choices?

Actually, I suspect Luminae and Blu are probably about the same size. And the specialty restaurants (let's take out Qsine for our purposes) have larger menus. Blu's seems to be about the same size menu as the MDR, which is much bigger.

The service in Luminae was excellent, and the food great - I just wish there were more choices. I did order off the main menu sometimes.

Next cruise, I'm going to get all the menus based on night and book my specialty dinners around it.

My wife and I were on the 8/27 cruise to Bermuda and we could order off the MDR menu every night.

Just off Constellation, M Class, and they kept the MDR menu ready for when people asked to see it. No problem ordering from it, infact the best two meals I had was off the MDR menu.

Hope that applies to Infinity...sailing in AQ with BLU next week...

There are just some nights when the MDR menu is more appealing...like Prime Rib night

Last Oct BLU was the land of no...hoping this yr it is Yes we can!