MDR kids menu?

The Mast Grill!

LOL I was going to say the same thing. 4 out of the 7 nights, our kid (11) went by himself to either Mast Grill or the Buffet (sometime both) to eat dinner and desserts. But he absolutely loves Qusine. If it's up to him he will eat there every night.

This is changing. Mast Grill is apparently transitioning from a free venue to an extra charge venue.

Has there been actual confirmation from Celebrity that this is happening, or is it still a case of, "I talked to a guy who talked to a guy?"

JanineM, the mast Grill has changed on Connie during recent dry dock. So one presumes that it will be so on the rest of the ships eventually,

Confirmed that it has changed by current cruisers. There's a long thread about it here on Cruise Critic.

Does the new kids menu look amazing to everyone or just us picky eaters?

Can anyone who has been in the MDR with the new kids menu rationalize to the rest of us why the kids get filet mignon while the adults get NY strip? Not complaining, just curious. Is the filet super-small?

Last question- can someone confirm this was the kids menu on the Summit?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Edited by HawaiianShirtDay

Can anyone who has been in the MDR with the new kids menu rationalize to the rest of us why the kids get filet mignon while the adults get NY strip? Not complaining, just curious. Is the filet super-small?

It was probably aprox 6oz

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lol, that was my thought too. If I don't like anything on the reg menu, might be ordering off the kids menu myself. A 6 oz filet is the perfect size anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We decided to skip Aqua class on our next cruise as we've grown bored with the menu, plan on getting a specailty restaurant package for maybe 8 of the nights and do MDR on the other 7, a 6 oz filet & ceaser salad would be perfect for me :)

My kids actually ate dinner off of the regular menu but I can attest that the fillet was actually quite good. My younger daughter wanted the beef dish on the main menu but without the sauce. It was suggested she try the fillet instead so she ordered it. Our server brought the adult one out too for her to try. She liked it so she ate the adult meal. He left the fillet with us so we all tried it. It was actually a nice alternative if you want a smaller but decent steak meal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought they said about 4 ozs. But it wasn't too small. Actually a nice size if you are having several courses.

The menu changed across the line probably about a year ago. It was on the Solstice back in August. The photo was from someone in here back in I want to say June of 2016 maybe even earlier than that.

Actually, this makes me a little sad. When our now adult daughters cruised Celebrity as little ones, the kids' menu changed every night. It was basically a simplified version of that night's adult menu. They could order from either one - sometimes one of the parents would order something from the kids menu. When we sailed on Royal Caribbean, it was the same boring menu every night for the kids so they rarely ordered from it.

Actually, this makes me a little sad. When our now adult daughters cruised Celebrity as little ones, the kids' menu changed every night. It was basically a simplified version of that night's adult menu. They could order from either one - sometimes one of the parents would order something from the kids menu. When we sailed on Royal Caribbean, it was the same boring menu every night for the kids so they rarely ordered from it.

That sounds time a brilliant idea , it really should be more varied .

We told our kids last night that this year we will have a points system ( as one is s fussy eater !)

On the ship this year , one point for trying something new , five points for eating a new starter , main or buffet dish , and ten points for being really adventurous .

The kids are totally up for that !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums