Sushi at the buffet?

goldfish1111

Hi. We are going on the Summit in December and really loved getting sushi at around 5 for a pre dinner appetizers with some cocktails. Are they no longer offering the sushi unless you go to sushi on 5 and pay for it, or are they still offering it on the buffet at dinner time? Thanks for the info

When they introduced Sushi on 5 as a pay restaurant recently, the complimentary sushi in Ocean View got deep sixed. Better quality than what was in the buffet to be sure, but at shoreside prices (high).

And also no sushi at Silk Harvest menu since Sushi on 5.

However, we loved Sushi on 5 - ate there three times on our 24days B2B cruise. And yes you can pay a cover charge instead of pay-per-item, but this is not promoted.

As the OCV sushi was simple and we didn't like the crepes, to us Sushi on 5 is a big plus!

Sushi on 5 ... And yes you can pay a cover charge instead of pay-per-item, but this is not promoted

Sounds interesting! Do you remember the cover charge? And, did it include unlimited selections from the food menu?

Thanks for your input 🍣🍤🍝

Sounds interesting! Do you remember the cover charge? And, did it include unlimited selections from the food menu?

Thanks for your input 🍣🍤🍝

It did include unlimited food but I think there were some specials on the menu that were still at a price (dont remember it any more).

The cover charge was $40 pP as far as I remember.... or was it $50?

We asked our Maitre'd from blu about Sushi on 5 and he made the reservation for us. So it might be something for AQ+ guests only? Just in case...

No Silk Harvest on Summit. I enjoyed that restaurant on Equinox.

I didnt know it is all about Summit in this thread so I thought it would be good to tell.

When they introduced Sushi on 5 as a pay restaurant recently, the complimentary sushi in Ocean View got deep sixed. Better quality than what was in the buffet to be sure, but at shoreside prices (high).

I guess Celebrity felt we would rather pay for a higher quality offer than the complimentary version/quality. I may be relegated to the buffet and MDR on our next cruise base on the prices I saw. I have only eaten the California roll. Hope those going to Sushi on 5 are enjoying the sushi offerings now that they are paying.

Sushi on 5 does not charge a cover charge . You pay by the item.

That's how it is meant.

But as I said, we were offered cover charge from the first time. And when we didn't "eat enough" to make it worth, they automatically switched to "pay per item" without asking for it or calculating.

Was it because we were in Blu? Or because doing B2B? Or because we were kind? I don't know, but I guess we weren't the only "chosen" ones so it IS possible.

I guess Celebrity felt we would rather pay for a higher quality offer than the complimentary version/quality. I may be relegated to the buffet and MDR on our next cruise base on the prices I saw. I have only eaten the California roll. Hope those going to Sushi on 5 are enjoying the sushi offerings now that they are paying.

We love Sushi back at home, we loved it in Hawaii or in Sydney. And so we did in Sushi on 5 - it was really, really good.

Friends of us have been on the Equinox two months ago and they went to Sushi on 5 several times because it was so good!

I really don't understand why Celebrity took away the buffet sushi which was a perceived value by some of their customers. Those people who enjoy the free type of sushi are not usually the same type of people who enjoy the much higher quality sushi in S on 5 and are willing to pay for it. The former group would never pay for better quality sushi. They are two completely different consumers. So they are forced to go without. Even so, the food cost for the buffet sushi was minimal.

Companies do better with their customers when they offer a high perceived value at a low out of pocket cost. That's something I don't believe the current Celebrity understands.

We loved going to the buffet around 5.30 where my husband would get some sushi and I would get some fabulous curry (I very much dislike sushi) and enjoy a snack. Is there an option to get some (paid for) sushi and we take it to the buffet? I wouldn't eat in the sushi restaurant - I can't even stomach the smell. He would be happy to pay a little for high quality sushi but he found the buffet offering to be very nice anyway.

We LOVE Sushi on 5. Fabulous food at great prices. They say it is a "pay per order" but they will gladly give you all you can eat for $25 any time you ask. We just ate there at least 5 times on our last cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved going to the buffet around 5.30 where my husband would get some sushi and I would get some fabulous curry (I very much dislike sushi) and enjoy a snack. Is there an option to get some (paid for) sushi and we take it to the buffet? I wouldn't eat in the sushi restaurant - I can't even stomach the smell. He would be happy to pay a little for high quality sushi but he found the buffet offering to be very nice anyway.

You can get sushi to go from Sushi on 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get sushi to go from Sushi on 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thankyou Helen . That's great news. We have $70 OBC remaining after other bookings so that works very well. Would it be available say 5.30?

Edited by Pushka

That's how it is meant.

But as I said, we were offered cover charge from the first time. And when we didn't "eat enough" to make it worth, they automatically switched to "pay per item" without asking for it or calculating.

Was it because we were in Blu? Or because doing B2B? Or because we were kind? I don't know, but I guess we weren't the only "chosen" ones so it IS possible.

We love Sushi back at home, we loved it in Hawaii or in Sydney. And so we did in Sushi on 5 - it was really, really good.

Friends of us have been on the Equinox two months ago and they went to Sushi on 5 several times because it was so good!

I understand! We have good friends and they go to a local sushi bar at least once a week.

To me, it is like eating Chip Ahoy chocolate cookies. I like them, my DW and kids and, it seems, everyone else I talk to hate them. I will tell you there is a ghost around my house as I continue to find my bag gets eaten without me at times.

I like cooked California rolls, knowing that is not real sushi, but hey I like it along with fried rice. We go with our friends and I smile and actually have tried some of the items they eat, but sushi is not for me, but they LOVE it. I did like the Cali rolls at the buffet with the miso soup, I think that is what they called it, so I do miss that when cruising on Celebrity.

[quote name=shipshape sam;53255891

I like cooked California rolls' date=' knowing that is not real sushi, [/quote]

Sushi is a particular type/preparation of rice. Whether something is "real sushi" or not depends on the rice and how the rice is prepared, not the toppings/fillings (and not whether or not the toppings/fillings are raw vs. cooked). Sushi can be topped/filled with anything from vegetables, fruit, eggs, meat, cooked fish, raw fish or other seafood (i.e. octopus, shrimp, crab, squid etc - that also can be cooked or raw).

Sushi is a particular type/preparation of rice. Whether something is "real sushi" or not depends on the rice and how the rice is prepared, not the toppings/fillings (and not whether or not the toppings/fillings are raw vs. cooked). Sushi can be topped/filled with anything from vegetables, fruit, eggs, meat, cooked fish, raw fish or other seafood (i.e. octopus, shrimp, crab, squid etc - that also can be cooked or raw).

need to do some background to know more. Thanks for the info.