Solo cruisers: not a good time to book?

I just checked on one of our upcoming cruises for any price changes and noticed that right now seems to be a particularly poor time to book as a solo. Since RCI's latest sale started (60% off of the second guest) it appears that solo's are getting nothing off. For example, on one cruise that we are presently booked on, a D3 cabin is $1231.00 per person double occupancy. To book this cabin as a solo it is $3516.00. I have no idea if RCI would make an adjustment if called but that is how it comes out on the website. And this doesn't seem to be an issue with just this one particular cruise. On another cruise we have booked an ocean view category G is $954.00 pp double and $2726.00 as a solo.

It is crazy if they are really hitting up singles for over $1000.00 what two people can get the cabin for. We have a cousin who was thinking about coming along as a solo but it isn't going to happen with this pricing. Hopefully, it is just a website glitch.

I booked as a single during a bogo 60% off and they gave me 60% off my second fare. in other words it was 627 for the first and then -372 for the second portion for a total of 999 for the solo cabin this was for an inside cabin on the Grandeur by myself.

I just checked on one of our upcoming cruises for any price changes and noticed that right now seems to be a particularly poor time to book as a solo. Since RCI's latest sale started (60% off of the second guest) it appears that solo's are getting nothing off. For example, on one cruise that we are presently booked on, a D3 cabin is $1231.00 per person double occupancy. To book this cabin as a solo it is $3516.00. I have no idea if RCI would make an adjustment if called but that is how it comes out on the website. And this doesn't seem to be an issue with just this one particular cruise. On another cruise we have booked an ocean view category G is $954.00 pp double and $2726.00 as a solo. It is crazy if they are really hitting up singles for over $1000.00 what two people can get the cabin for. We have a cousin who was thinking about coming along as a solo but it isn't going to happen with this pricing. Hopefully, it is just a website glitch.
I booked as a single during a bogo 60% off and they gave me 60% off my second fare. in other words it was 627 for the first and then -372 for the second portion for a total of 999 for the solo cabin

I just checked on one of our upcoming cruises for any price changes and noticed that right now seems to be a particularly poor time to book as a solo. Since RCI's latest sale started (60% off of the second guest) it appears that solo's are getting nothing off. For example, on one cruise that we are presently booked on, a D3 cabin is $1231.00 per person double occupancy. To book this cabin as a solo it is $3516.00. I have no idea if RCI would make an adjustment if called but that is how it comes out on the website. And this doesn't seem to be an issue with just this one particular cruise. On another cruise we have booked an ocean view category G is $954.00 pp double and $2726.00 as a solo.

It is crazy if they are really hitting up singles for over $1000.00 what two people can get the cabin for. We have a cousin who was thinking about coming along as a solo but it isn't going to happen with this pricing. Hopefully, it is just a website glitch.

Something is wrong.

Some of the ships, like the Jewel of the Seas, have single cabins. Explorer does not have single cabins. I haven't checked the entire fleet- but I suspect the Brilliance, Serenade and Radiance all have single staterooms. I know that the Anthem has single staterooms too. So- the newer ships probably have single cabins. The rates for those cabins are very reasonable, but they book up quickly.

Some of the ships, like the Jewel of the Seas, have single cabins. Explorer does not have single cabins. I haven't checked the entire fleet- but I suspect the Brilliance, Serenade and Radiance all have single staterooms. I know that the Anthem has single staterooms too. So- the newer ships probably have single cabins. The rates for those cabins are very reasonable, but they book up quickly.

As I posted above, sometimes the pricing for the single cabins on the Radiance-class ships is more for 1 person than if the solo cruiser paid the single supplement in a regular inside cabin. The May 5, 2019 Hawaii repo cruise on Radiance is still showing a much higher price tag for the studio cabin: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/gdp/booking/create/category?sailDate=2019-05-05&shipCode=RD&packageCode=RD12H018&accessCabin=false&selectedCurrencyCode=USD

. The May 5, 2019 Hawaii repo cruise on Radiance is still showing a much higher price tag for the studio cabin: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/gdp/booking/create/category?sailDate=2019-05-05&shipCode=RD&packageCode=RD12H018&accessCabin=false&selectedCurrencyCode=USD

FYI, not very useful to post a link that will likely only be valid for a short period of time - and even less so with RCI reservation links.

FYI, not very useful to post a link that will likely only be valid for a short period of time - and even less so with RCI reservation links.

I hoped that since I wasn't logged in - the info from the reservation page wouldn't disappear! Oh well - the numbers were still the same as what I posted above.

^ a bit unusual for that to be offered on Anthem - was at 175% on a couple of sailings on last flier. They may have many cabins with 3 or 4 people in them so the solos could fill the rest of the cabins and still fall under the capacity limits.