Another's in San Juan puerto rico

Cygneagile

Thank you I will look these up.

Since hubby is staying home with dog, my friend and I can split the bill so cost is not an issue per se.

However old San Juan is a good place to be.

none of the hotel offer free breakfast like the Cruise leaving from Miami and Fort Lauderdale

Julie

Thank you I will look these up.

Since hubby is staying home with dog' date=' my friend and I can split the bill so cost is not an issue per se.

However old San Juan is a good place to be.

none of the hotel offer free breakfast like the Cruise leaving from Miami and Fort Lauderdale

Julie[/quote']

Check out the Hampton Inn or the Embassy Suites. They both offer a mangers reception in the evening and they both offer a complementary breakfast.

Flying down on September 8 to take a cruise on the 9

Any suggestions for an overnight stay.....

Thanks Julie

We stayed at the Best Western Condado Palms. Very nice. Full breakfast. 1 block to beautiful beach. And Walgreens is across the street( bought our sodas there to take on board). Next day shuttle took us to the ship.

We really enjoyed San Juan, actually stayed 5 days. If you like history and charm you might consider Hotel El Convento...a lovely charming hotel in an old convent in Old Town San Juan. It is a bit pricey but is a real experience. Even if you can't make that work for you try to have lunch on their patio.. it is a lovely quiet spot with reasonable lunch fare. http://www.elconvento.com

Sheraton in Old San Juan was good. Also look into Cervantes in Old San Juan, little boutique hotel about a block or so away from the Sheraton. Offered free continental breakfast and bottled water (for breakfast or when walking around OSJ during the day). Have also stayed at the Condado Hilton which is nice if you want a pool and something away from OSJ.