I did it. We're going on the Vista in a Havana Cabana

mjonis

Wow, last week all sorts of rooms free. Called today to finally book and my first 5 choices were gone.

But we got 5206 in the Havana Cabana.

I'm super excited. Now the *long* wait. Jan. 27th 2019. Whoa, those rooms book up fast.

I did get the travel insurance as it's so far out you never know what can happen.

Is it too early to start the roll call? LOL!

Next cruise will be with family and probably NCL as we've never been on that line before. But that might be an Alaska cruise, we'll have to see how things shape up for 2018 with my father's shoulder surgery.

I thank everyone for all their input and answering questions about the Vista.

I certainly hope you have a great cruise. We had the Vista booked for April 2018, booked over a year out to get a Havana Suite. But the more the reports came in the worst we felt about our choice.

Possibly our concerns were unwarranted, but we finally switched back to the Breeze in March. We love the Breeze and Magic, and we felt the Vista may disappoint us.

My major concern was the noise from the Havana Bar at night, as I have trouble going to sleep with noises. We had an aft balcony on Destiny several years ago that was over the nightclub, and it was a long miserable week.

Wow, last week all sorts of rooms free. Called today to finally book and my first 5 choices were gone.

But we got 5206 in the Havana Cabana.

I'm super excited. Now the *long* wait. Jan. 27th 2019. Whoa, those rooms book up fast.

I did get the travel insurance as it's so far out you never know what can happen.

Is it too early to start the roll call? LOL!

I know it feels good to have the decision made and the trigger pulled. We will be in 5220 the week before you sail. I am not one to dither. I booked the Vista they day they announced that she would be sailing from Galveston. And yes, it is a long, long wait. We have 3 other cruises booked for 2017 and 2018, so the wait won't be that bad for us.

I certainly hope you have a great cruise. We had the Vista booked for April 2018, booked over a year out to get a Havana Suite. But the more the reports came in the worst we felt about our choice.

My major concern was the noise from the Havana Bar at night, as I have trouble going to sleep with noises.

Did much research regarding the Havana area and it seemed that most of the complaints about the Vista were primarily centered around the liquid lounge or crowds at the pool or not getting a chair at Serenity. Didn't read many people that were disappointed in the Havana area at all. Some of the sailings were sold out well over a year and half out. We were thinking of the Vista doing the exotic southern route for Labor day 2018, but decided on the Horizon out of NYC instead and we'll do the southern route in February of 2019 on the Horizon again. Both in a Havana inside. Because of the reports of always being able to get a lounge in the Havana area, the money differential that would have gone for a lanai cabin can be used to pay for Cheers.

Did much research regarding the Havana area and it seemed that most of the complaints about the Vista were primarily centered around the liquid lounge or crowds at the pool or not getting a chair at Serenity. Didn't read many people that were disappointed in the Havana area at all. Some of the sailings were sold out well over a year and half out. We were thinking of the Vista doing the exotic southern route for Labor day 2018, but decided on the Horizon out of NYC instead and we'll do the southern route in February of 2019 on the Horizon again. Both in a Havana inside. Because of the reports of always being able to get a lounge in the Havana area, the money differential that would have gone for a lanai cabin can be used to pay for Cheers.

I just hope with all those additional cabins added to Horizon's Havana Area, it doesn't crowd it too much. I knew it was a matter of time before they added more. It's an easy money maker for Carnival. Why wouldn't they? I will have to wait and see what the reports are after Horizon sets sail to see if I would go on her. If the lounge chair availability goes down greatly, then it loses it's appeal.