Mid-ship stairs on Royal

hollydog

The Princess fleet drydock schedule shows the Royal as having had mid-ship stairs opened to the public above deck 7. The current deck plan doesn't show these stairs. We haven't been on any of the Royal class ships yet, and are considering a cruise on the Royal. But we don't want to be mid-ship without close stair access. Anyone know the real story? Thanks.

The Princess fleet drydock schedule shows the Royal as having had mid-ship stairs opened to the public above deck 7. The current deck plan doesn't show these stairs. We haven't been on any of the Royal class ships yet, and are considering a cruise on the Royal. But we don't want to be mid-ship without close stair access. Anyone know the real story? Thanks.

I was on the Royal Princess in January and the mid-ship stairs were open to the public. I was on the Caribe deck 10 and used them.

Tony

Already done.

A quick search found numerous threads on this.

. . . The current deck plan doesn't show these stairs. . . .

One has to wonder how long it's going to take the online deck plans for the Royal to reflect the now-available mid-ship stairs??!! Not very good marketing ploy. We're on the Oct TA and booked on Caribe deck, mid-ship. Wouldn't have booked that location if I hadn't heard on CC re the opening of the stairs! We've sailed on her twice before and booked aft and forward cabins because of the mid-ship stairs issue. Ordinarily, we book as mid-ship as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
One has to wonder how long it's going to take the online deck plans for the Royal to reflect the now-available mid-ship stairs??!! Not very good marketing ploy.

The Grand Princess, which first sailed on May 26, 1998, does not have a public center staircase above deck 7.

The deck plans (online and in the Cruise Atlas) always have (and still do) depicted the stairs as being there for the passengers.

If the deck plans for the Grand Princess have not been corrected for 19 years, I would not hold much hope for the Royal Princess plans to be updated.

We knew about the missing stairs on Royal a couple of years ago, but booked midship anyway. Not having them didn't bother us. I'm sure having them now makes a lot of people more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums