breakaway bake shop

shof515

When i was on the Breakaway way back in 2014, the bake shop was called Carlos Bake Shop. My two favorite things i got from there was the chocolate cannoli and a rainbow type cake. Here is a picture:

P1020103.jpg

I was looking at a recent breakaway review and noticed that bake shop is now just called Bake shop and the menu seems limited to just cupcake type kinds and macarons which is kinda disappointed considering the big selection the original carlos bake shop had back in the day.

Does anyone know where i could get these 2 items again on the Breakaway?

When i was on the Breakaway way back in 2014, the bake shop was called Carlos Bake Shop. My two favorite things i got from there was the chocolate cannoli and a rainbow type cake. I was looking at a recent breakaway review and noticed that bake shop is now just called Bake shop and the menu seems limited to just cupcake type kinds and macarons which is kinda disappointed considering the big selection the original carlos bake shop had back in the day. Does anyone know where i could get these 2 items again on the Breakaway?

Buddy and Carlo's Bake Shop didn't sign a contract with NCL for the Escape in 2015. And ended their contract and were removed from the Breakaway and Getaway in April 2016. While we did not see the rainbow cake or cannoli on the ship, it would be worth asking if they are ever up in the buffet (and the MDR menus for each night of the cruise were posted in the other breakaway review).

I know its not the same, but there is a Carlo's in midtown Manhattan. at 8th Ave and 42nd. https://bakeshop.carlosbakery.com/cake-boss-cafe

But if you have time before or after boarding, for delicious pastries, I highly recommend UnderWest Donuts on 12th Ave and 47th St. https://www.underwestdonuts.com, and Sullivan's Bakery on 533 West 47th, near 11th Ave. http://www.sullivanstreetbakery.com/new-york

happy eating!

When i was on the Breakaway way back in 2014, the bake shop was called Carlos Bake Shop. My two favorite things i got from there was the chocolate cannoli and a rainbow type cake. Here is a picture:

P1020103.jpg

I was looking at a recent breakaway review and noticed that bake shop is now just called Bake shop and the menu seems limited to just cupcake type kinds and macarons which is kinda disappointed considering the big selection the original carlos bake shop had back in the day.

Does anyone know where i could get these 2 items again on the Breakaway?

OP - not sure where in NYC you are but someone posted the Carlos location above. Same owner/supplier so they should be the same as you would get on Breakaway. Like someone said in NY you can get those in basically any decent bakery - definitely in Italian bakeries. But please...they are rainbow cookies! :)