Shore excursions not available on our cruise

Astromaid

So one of the decisions in choosing a cruise was looking at the shore excursions available to see what interested us. We booked the cruise and the shore excursions we were interested in (kayaking in Freeport and ATV in Nassau) are not listed for the Dream. So now I have to try and book these independently. Is there a way I could have figured out which ships offered these excursions before I booked?

Probably not. They post a "general" list of shore excursions for each port on the general Carnival site. However, until you get a booking # and then log into your reservation you really wouldn't be able to see what was or was not being offered for your sailing. Keep checking your booking - they add shore excursions as contracts are signed with the vendors.

They definitely do add- especially if your cruise is months away. Also - there may be excursions listed in the excursion brochure you get on the ship that are not even posted online!

Best of luck. Freeport and Nassau, otherwise known as 1 and 1A as the worst possible ports to visit. Stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities while those not in the know explore ports not worth seeing. Unless of course you like the industrial look of Freeport or the hassles at the straw market or overpriced tours at Atlantis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Like someone already said. they do add. I am sailing in February and right now Roatan only has 2 excursions available. Be patient and maybe you will get them. I would think kayaking would be available on any ship.

Best of luck. Freeport and Nassau, otherwise known as 1 and 1A as the worst possible ports to visit. Stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities while those not in the know explore ports not worth seeing. Unless of course you like the industrial look of Freeport or the hassles at the straw market or overpriced tours at Atlantis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Actually, I know many people who love Nassau and even love Freeport. If a cruiser has never been to those port, how about we let them form their own opinion after they have visited them. I am not a fan of Nassau, but I would never tell someone to stay on the ship - especially if they are asking about excursions. There is plenty to do and see on each island if desired.

They definitely do add- especially if your cruise is months away. Also - there may be excursions listed in the excursion brochure you get on the ship that are not even posted online!

This is so true. On our Dream cruise last year, we pre bought an excursion. When we got on the ship, the brochure had the same excursion with lunch for $10 more. We went to the desk and they cancelled our pre-booked excursion (for a full refund) and rebooked us for the inclusive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, I will keep checking back on the excursions. We are taking our daughter and her husband on their first cruise, so they will want to see the islands. We have been to both, I did like the botanical garden in Freeport, just wanted to do something a bit more energetic for the younger people coming with us. If it was just us, we probably would stay on the ship in Nassau. We stayed on the ship in Cozumel once and it was terrific being about the only people on the ship.

Actually, I know many people who love Nassau and even love Freeport. If a cruiser has never been to those port, how about we let them form their own opinion after they have visited them. I am not a fan of Nassau, but I would never tell someone to stay on the ship - especially if they are asking about excursions. There is plenty to do and see on each island if desired.

Well you obviously are "Not In The Know". ;)

If it was just us, we probably would stay on the ship in Nassau. We stayed on the ship in Cozumel once and it was terrific being about the only people on the ship.

Obviously there are others "in the know".

Cruisers come on these boards to do research about ports, ships and cruise lines that they have not been to or cruised on yet. They can absorb the information both pro and con about a particular port, ship or cruise line and then make an educated decision about what to do. I've been lucky enough to have cruised the Caribbean 25 times, which is a drop in the bucket compared to some and many more than others. Only a small percentage of cruisers even know about this forum, but I will offer my opinion on a given topic because I too like to absorb information from here. All I am doing is paying it forward.

You are entitled to your opinion. That's what these boards are for.

Obviously there are others "in the know".

Cruisers come on these boards to do research about ports, ships and cruise lines that they have not been to or cruised on yet. They can absorb the information both pro and con about a particular port, ship or cruise line and then make an educated decision about what to do. I've been lucky enough to have cruised the Caribbean 25 times, which is a drop in the bucket compared to some and many more than others. Only a small percentage of cruisers even know about this forum, but I will offer my opinion on a given topic because I too like to absorb information from here. All I am doing is paying it forward.

Very nicely put. As a "seasoned" cruiser I also like to "pay it forward." Have a great day!

My God, people I put a winky emoji in the post, obviously sarcasm. If you would have read all the posts completely you would see I was agreeing with the person I replied to.

Here, is this better:

WARNING, what you are about to read is sarcasm, sarcasm is defined as: the use of irony to mock

*****************************SARCASM**********************************************

Well you obviously are "Not In The Know".

*****************************SARCASM**********************************************

What you have just read is sarcasm, sarcasm is defined as : the use of irony to mock

My God, people I put a winky emoji in the post, obviously sarcasm. If you would have read all the posts completely you would see I was agreeing with the person I replied to.

Here, is this better:

WARNING, what you are about to read is sarcasm, sarcasm is defined as: the use of irony to mock

Well you obviously are "Not In The Know".

What you have just read is sarcasm, sarcasm is defined as : the use of irony to mock

Love it! Sorry- didn't have my glasses on to see the emoji's expression. Have a great Friday, and a better weekend!