Anthem Power Strip Confiscated

I haven't seen this addressed recently so thought I would pass this along. Just back from Anthem and my sister was called down to the naughty room. She packed a power strip in her luggage which they took. She said there was a whole bin full of them.

I have read many posts on here warning not to pack them. Some posters have reported what you are permitted to take instead. Bob can probably add additional information if you need it.

My power strip & extension cord were confiscated from my carry on bag at the security screening on check in -I elected not to retrieve them upon disembarking as there was a line at the office -didn't feel like dealing with the line --extension cord had been one from home & powerstrip I had picked up from cvs for $7.99 -so be it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't seen this addressed recently so thought I would pass this along. Just back from Anthem and my sister was called down to the naughty room. She packed a power strip in her luggage which they took. She said there was a whole bin full of them.

Was it a power strip or a surge protection type?

My power strip & extension cord were confiscated from my carry on bag at the security screening on check in -I elected not to retrieve them upon disembarking as there was a line at the office -didn't feel like dealing with the line --extension cord had been one from home & powerstrip I had picked up from cvs for $7.99 -so be it

Did your extension cord have the surge protection or just the regular one?

I had my power strip taken and I too was called down to the naughty room. They had the one piece of luggage that the power strip was in so I had to go down to get it. They kept the power strip and put my room number on it. When I went to get off the ship on the last day and was dinging my card for the last time a buzzer went off instead and they handed me my power strip. I was just going to leave it but ended up having to hand carry it off the ship.

Back in April, we had our mini 4 outlet power strip taken away at Cape Liberty security. Never happened in our previous 8 cruises. It was our first time sailing out of Bayonne so maybe they are more strict. When we picked it up after our cruise, we saw many power strips there ... and several full size irons and, I'm not kidding, a couple of hot plates.

Was it a power strip or a surge protection type?

At $7.99 from CVS, it may have said surge protection on it, but it is probably one of the abundant pieces of garbage we import from China.

I use a CPAP, and it's not always that there aren't enough outlets, but their location. I have found they aren't always close enough to the bed.

So I'm OK if it doesn't have surge protection?

I use a CPAP, and it's not always that there aren't enough outlets, but their location. I have found they aren't always close enough to the bed.

Supposedly, but you might want to contact special_needs@rccl.com and mention the CPAP anyway. They will give you an extension cord and distilled water.

I never understood why people bring a power strip until recently we were on anthem with 3 people in the room. There wasnt enough outlets for all our devices.

do a search on Youtube and the power strip is listed in the vlogs as Top 10 things to bring on a cruise!

Rule has always been in place about surge protectors, it's just a case of whether or not they find it. Since this is a safety related rule they will take every one they see.

There are safe alternatives. As long as they don't have surge protection should be fine.

for medical equipment you contact special needs before boarding and they will provide one( and the water)

I never understood why people bring a power strip until recently we were on anthem with 3 people in the room. There wasnt enough outlets for all our devices.

I picked this up on sale recently. I am going to start using it instead of the small surge protector I have been using. This is actually smaller, and lately we use nothing but the USB ports. This takes one outlet, and gives me 6 ports to charge devices. Perhaps this would help you as well?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6MYZL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She chose not to wait in line to get it back.

On Explorer last week there was a table set up as you walk out before Customs - no one there to claim things. The most interesting thing on the table was a mini-crock pot.:eek:

I picked this up on sale recently. I am going to start using it instead of the small surge protector I have been using. This is actually smaller, and lately we use nothing but the USB ports. This takes one outlet, and gives me 6 ports to charge devices. Perhaps this would help you as well?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6MYZL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We brought something similar to this on the Empress a month ago. It was in our carry on bag. We were stopped by security but once they took it out and really looked at it they returned it to us. We found it to be super helpful but we use ours at home too. Just SO many things to plug in.