Coral Princess - entertainment ?

jrblach

would anyone who recently sailed Coral Princess tell us about the entertainment?

what was in each venue:

Princess Theatre

Universe Lounge

crooners bar

wheelhouse bar

explorers lounge

thank you so much

I have not sailed for the last two years, but in the past the entertainment in the Universe Lounge was always great. IMO the highlight of the cruise.

The best is the show "On the Bayou" written especially for the Coral (and the Island but that no longer has a Universe Lounge so I think it is being performed in the theater) for production on the stages in the Universe Lounge. It is the best Princess production we have ever seen (and we've seen lots)!

I would agree about On the Bayou. We saw it on the Island 2 years ago before the drydock. Looking forward to enjoying it on the Coral in 2019!

It works on Island in the Princess Theater but it works much better on Coral in the Universe Lounge.

My personal favorite show was Encore. One of the most elegant shows I have ever seen on a ship.

On the Bayou is great, but there are better tributes to New Orleans on ships. Carnival used to do a show called "The Big Easy" with pyrotechnics and flying singers, so I'm a bit spoiled in that regard. It's a fine show, just not as good as Encore. Everyone will be talking about it the next day so don't miss it.

Jeff and Indy are great, as were Mike Wilson the comedian and the guest soprano for Encore who sings her own cabaret. She has a three octave range and has sung at Carnegie Hall. I was surprised she could sing everything from opera to Whitney Houston. Standing ovations for all of the above.

It's a fantastic ship for entertainment. Try not to let the scenery or dining distract you from seeing at least a late show.

Just off the beautiful Coral two days ago -- hated to leave. Entertainment was good though sporadic. Production shows Motor City, On the Bayou and Encore were all excellent. Enjoyed the music in Bayou but Encore (with the guest soprano) was amazing in dancing, singing and orchestra. Comedian Phil Tag was extremely funny. Music in Wheelhouse was hit and miss. Forget his name but there was an Irish guitarist who was very good mid-week. We also enjoyed the other events in the Explorer's Lounge (Marriage Match, Liars Club and Yes/No game.) In addition, many of the musicians playing in the Plaza were perfect (pianist and string quartet). Cruise Director (Lexi) and staff were all great as well. Enjoy!!