Guys Burgers!

Guy's Burgers: January, 2017 aboard Carnival Liberty--

A major disappointment and the Fries were even worse! Well over-hyped was what I have posted before.

I think they are just another burger. I have no idea why people rave over them like it's the biggest must try on the ships. People like them because Americans like greasy fattening foods, plain and simple. I thought they were ok on the Vista.

I think they are just another burger. I have no idea why people rave over them like it's the biggest must try on the ships. People like them because Americans like greasy fattening foods, plain and simple. I thought they were ok on the Vista.

The funny thing is nobody here asked "do you hate guys burgers?" She asked if they have a veggie burger. People who hate it can't help themselves. Same thing if someone asks how much an internet package costs. There's guaranteed to be a handful of people who come in and tell us why we shouldn't use internet on a cruise.

Shocker...the people who came here just to say they hate guys burgers, don't primarily cruise on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saint Greg

While I agree with you 100%, I do believe they call it a veggie burger because it is vegatarian, meaning no meat. I think it can have chicken, just no meat (beef).

I agree though, it's just not a burger without 100% beef (well, and a good percentage of grease).

I have never met a vegetarian or vegan who does not see chicken as a meat.

I go to Guys and get an order of plain fries no seasoning on them. Then I go to the toppings bar and load up on mushrooms. I then go get a cup of vanilla ice cream to dunk my fries in.

Sorry off topic. Have heard people order veggie burgers on the Liberty and Conquest in the last 2 years.

I go to Guys and get an order of plain fries no seasoning on them. Then I go to the toppings bar and load up on mushrooms. I then go get a cup of vanilla ice cream to dunk my fries in.

Sorry off topic. Have heard people order veggie burgers on the Liberty and Conquest in the last 2 years.

giphy.gif

To each their own.

"Shocker...the people who came here just to say they hate guys burgers, don't primarily cruise on Carnival."

Why would you say this? 14 Carnival Cruises and IMHO Guy's Burgers are awful, no texture, no seasoning

"Shocker...the people who came here just to say they hate guys burgers, don't primarily cruise on Carnival."

Why would you say this? 14 Carnival Cruises and IMHO Guy's Burgers are awful, no texture, no seasoning

Because the three people who posted comments like that primarily sail with other lines...as do you. Let me guess you love Johnny Rockets? I tried it in Dallas a couple months ago and that's the one that was a horrible plain burger with no seasoning...and the most generic fries you can find.

Guy's burgers have no seasoning because they are serving the masses who primarily like their food bland and then they can salt it to their individual taste. The hottest sauce used at Mongolian Wok is nice, but it's nowhere near "hot". Would love to see a nice Ghost pepper sauce, but I will not hold my breath waiting. On a previous cruise at the Blue Iguana Cantina I handed the burrito preparer two metal ramikins of the habanero sauce from the salsa bar and he looked at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Because the three people who posted comments like that primarily sail with other lines...as do you. Let me guess you love Johnny Rockets? I tried it in Dallas a couple months ago and that's the one that was a horrible plain burger with no seasoning...and the most generic fries you can find.

We don't have a johnny rocket where we live, so I can't say. I have heard they are just OK.

We don't have a johnny rocket where we live, so I can't say. I have heard they are just OK.

I had you mixed up with a RCCL guy who likes to come over here and dump on carnival. That's why I said you probably like Johnny Rocketts. The one that I had...I'll take a ringer from guys and the guys fries over it any day of the week.

I've been on a lot of cruises on a lot of different lines and Guys burgers are hands down better than any other burgers I've had on a ship. Just my opinion, but if someone has had a better one, I like to know what it is. I had one on Eurodam last December that was close, but OMG, had to wait almost 20 minutes for it. It wasn't quite as greasy, but then I love White Castles,(occasionally.)

I had that Johnny Rockets on RC and wasn't a fan. On top of that you have to pay. Hands down we prefer Guys Burgers. JMO!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Speaking as a vegetarian of over 45 years, no we do not eat chicken. As my brother puts it, I "don't eat anything with a mom". I do eat cheese, honey, and eggs.

OP -- I have always been able to get veggie burgers on Carnival cruises-- just had to ask. They are usually pretty good. However, I have never gotten one at Guy's.

• 5 months later...

I don't think that it is necessary to insult other people's food choices on this forum. People choose to eat vegetarian food for myriad reasons including health and religious practices, and it doesn't make them "picky" eaters. A long series of threads insulting these dietary choices is unnecessary and immature.