Watch your credit card statements, seen on the P&O thread may affect some Princess

gwsster

This is the notice on the website

Important Update

We have today identified an issue with a number of card payments made in relation to cruise bookings with P&O Cruises between December 2016 and April 2017.

Due to an error by the third party payment processor, some guests may have had a second transaction processed. This is not as a result of a security breach and at no time has any personal information been compromised.

We will be contacting affected guests and in the meantime we would like to apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused. We would also like to reassure those guests impacted that we are working with the payment processor to reverse these charges as quickly as we possibly can.

I would hope that they would refund the affected customers as near to immediately as possible. Although I am not affected I have been caught up in a similar thing before and I sympathise with anyone affected. It seems very strange that we can always have any payments taken immediately but refunding takes days. I also hope that P&O will be offering some compensation to those affected for the inconvienience.

Thanks I realized this after posting, I emailed the moderator to remove the thread.. Yikes, what a problem!

Thanks for letting me know.

Has been discussed here several times in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks I realized this after posting, I emailed the moderator to remove the thread.. Yikes, what a problem!

Thanks for letting me know.

This is actually the only thread that I've seen on this. Thank you for the information!