Caribbean Princess Disembarkation Time in Southampton

waiting2retire

The ship docks in Southampton at 5:00 a.m. Can anyone tell me what the earliest disembarkation time is likely to be? We can carry off our own bags if that helps. Trying to establish a pick-up time for transportation to Gatwick following our cruise and hoping to be okay for an 11 a.m. flight.

I have also heard that we don't clear customs in Southampton, is that correct? (We are from Canada).

Thanks!

I do not have enough knowledge to be of much help but I do know that going through flight screening at Heathrow was a mighty long process when we came home in April. We were told ours was one of the shorter times at a little under 2 hours from airport arrival until we were in the airline waiting area.

I do not have enough knowledge to be of much help but I do know that going through flight screening at Heathrow was a mighty long process when we came home in April. We were told ours was one of the shorter times at a little under 2 hours from airport arrival until we were in the airline waiting area.

Wow, here's hoping Gatwick will take less time!!

I have also heard that we don't clear customs in Southampton, is that correct? (We are from Canada).

It is customary (though never guaranteed) for UK Immigration authorities to board the ship at the final port before returning to the UK and stamp passports for entry while as sea between ports. A lot depends on your itinerary, and whether the penultimate stop is in the UK, EU, or elsewhere. Hopefully you will get that answer as to whether there were additional Customs formalities for walk-offs (as you know Immigration and Customs are two different types of inspections; only the former can be done in advance on board).

As to your flight times: according to Princess' guidelines you are very, very tight

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON)

[...]

Disembarking Passengers

For voyages arriving in Southampton at 5:00 am, the earliest flight departure from Heathrow is 12:00 pm, the earliest flight departure from Gatwick is 12:30 pm, and the earliest train departure from Victoria Coach Station is 11:30 am.

For voyages arriving in Southampton at 7:00 am, the earliest flight departure from Heathrow is 2:00 pm, the earliest flight departure from Gatwick is 2:30 pm and the earliest train departure from Victoria Coach Station is 1:00 pm.

For an 11 AM flight you must be complete check in and have your bag checked by 9:30. Which means hoping to be dropped off at LGT by 8:30. I would schedule the car for about 7:15-7:30 and hope for no delays in the start of disembarkation.

I was on the May 13th Caribbean Princess. Passengers started leaving about 7. I wasn't in any rush since we had a 4pm flight. We got off ship about 8:30 and were at the airport by 10ish. I'm from the USA, but no customs at port.

As you are Canadians you will pass customs/immigration formalities at Heathrow/Gatwick when you arrive. As the ship does not visit a port outside the UK/Schengen area there should be no customs/immigration formalities on return to Southampton. If you can walk off at 7am you would not get a train to get you to Gatwick before 9.30 at the earliest.

I was on the May 13th Caribbean Princess. Passengers started leaving about 7. I wasn't in any rush since we had a 4pm flight. We got off ship about 8:30 and were at the airport by 10ish. I'm from the USA, but no customs at port.

Will be on Caribben Princess in August. Did you use Princess transfer, if so do you know when the last coaches to LHR T3 left? Also do you know what time the last disembarkation off the ship was? Our flight is 5.00 pm and will probably book private car and wondering how late so that I don't have a very long wait before check in.

As you are Canadians you will pass customs/immigration formalities at Heathrow/Gatwick when you arrive. As the ship does not visit a port outside the UK/Schengen area there should be no customs/immigration formalities on return to Southampton. If you can walk off at 7am you would not get a train to get you to Gatwick before 9.30 at the earliest.

All of the British Isles cruises on Caribbean Princess call at Guernsey, an independently administered Crown Dependency which is not part of the United Kingdom or European Union. If the cruise did not call at at least one non-EU port there would be certain requirements to collect VAT even on certain purchases made in international waters. However Guernsey is a non-member participant in the E. U. Customs Union meaning that the cruise does not visit any ports from which purchases you disembark with in Southampton have to be declared. (Whether they have to be declared at the airport is of course based on Canadian law in the OP's case).

Though as non-UK/EU citizens a passport inspection is required before disembarkation; as noted several times earlier in the thread hopefully it will be done on board after reboarding the day before in Le Havre.

Edited by fishywood

Will be on Caribben Princess in August. Did you use Princess transfer, if so do you know when the last coaches to LHR T3 left? Also do you know what time the last disembarkation off the ship was? Our flight is 5.00 pm and will probably book private car and wondering how late so that I don't have a very long wait before check in.

Everyone will usually be off by 9:30.

They have to get the ship turned around for the next cruise.

Though as non-UK/EU citizens a passport inspection is required before disembarkation; as noted several times earlier in the thread hopefully it will be done on board after reboarding the day before in Le Havre.

We did not have to show our USA passport to anyone before disembarkation in Southampton last year.

On the Emerald last year, we used Princess transfer in Southampton to LHR T2 (UA flight) and left port at 9:30am. I don't know if it was the last coach to leave. The last disembarkation listed for color coded tags was 10:30am.

Everyone will usually be off by 9:30.

They have to get the ship turned around for the next cruise.

That's what I thought but when I rang the Princess toll free number which I think took me to Manila the girl assured me it was 10.30 am - that would be nice but not sure this is correct. Was hoping someone recently on board could confirm.

That's what I thought but when I rang the Princess toll free number which I think took me to Manila the girl assured me it was 10.30 am - that would be nice but not sure this is correct. Was hoping someone recently on board could confirm.

Manilla??? Oh say it isn't so. :eek:

Based on disembarkation that day and staff onboard will decide when disembarkation is finished. The sooner they get that zero count the better.

Could it go to 10:30? Sure. There is no way to tell ahead of time but I would plan on no later than 9:30.

10:30 is a standard answer they give. IMO

The ship docks in Southampton at 5:00 a.m. Can anyone tell me what the earliest disembarkation time is likely to be? We can carry off our own bags if that helps. Trying to establish a pick-up time for transportation to Gatwick following our cruise and hoping to be okay for an 11 a.m. flight.

Thanks!

We diembarked last week at 6.15 am carrying our own luggage. There was no customs clearance or checks. We took a cab to the train station and were on the 7.06 am direct train to Gatwick. We were in the airport terminal at 9. 15 am

Just returned from 12 day British Isles cruise. You could do an express walk off with your luggage at 6:15 a.m. We opted for walkoff with independent transport to London on National Express coach and were assigned 6:35 a.m. The best experience so far in 17 cruises - no lines, no customs/immigration to deal with (a first) cabs were waiting outside the terminal and we were at the coach station by 6:50 a.m. It was raining and the station did not open till 8, people were lined up. We had booked an 8:40 a.m. coach but were able to get on the 7:30 run into London. Unfortunately, due to the rain, traffic was a total nightmare - took 3.5 hours! Apparently this is what rain does for traffic.

We also did the Princess transfer to Southampton from Heathrow which was perfect and only took 90 minutes. Coming home after 2 nights in London we took the Heathrow Express train from Paddington station which took all of 15 minutes.

Thanks!

we had 7am disembarkation. We walked right off, nothing to declare in customers and out we went within 10 minutes. Taxi's are very expensive $180 pounds to Heathrow. We cabbed it to Southampton train station to Paddington. we spent a few days in London.