Carnival Fantasy - tips for first timer!

Ashemson

Going on first cruise in January and kind of overwhelmed trying to figure everything out, all the little tips and hints! I have seen a lot of controversy about power strips, power surge or non power surge, etc. Can anyone give me the correct one to get?

Also, love to read any tips you have for first timers!

Going on first cruise in January and kind of overwhelmed trying to figure everything out, all the little tips and hints! I have seen a lot of controversy about power strips, power surge or non power surge, etc. Can anyone give me the correct one to get?

Also, love to read any tips you have for first timers!

NO surge protection is the correct one. They'll confiscate it if it's surge protected.

Surge protectors are not allowed. Apparently they interact with the ship's electrical system.

Tips:

!. not to over pack, there is no need to bring a lot of new clothes.

2. plan and budget and stick to it.

3. Read here, Facebook, and other sites to learn as much as you can.

4. Have fun!

Fantasy is an oldie but goodie!

I love the Fantasy class ships and the fantastic crew of the Fantasy definitely make up for her lack of modern amenities.

You will have fun.

I would recommend Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. $55 per person all inclusive and is a great little escape from the crowds with a great beach, great food and non stop drinks. Reserve a spot online ahead of time at Nachi Cocum's website!

First time....don't over-pack, we took way too many clothes our first time.

Take an extra swimsuit if you plan on being in the water most days. Putting on a wet suit is the worst.

Be prepared for last minute issues. Our last cruise, we had a ton of flight issues. Resolve to just roll with the punches, save a ton of stress.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Our Bedside lamps had two USB ports each. The outlet at the mirror has a 120v recepticle. We didn't need a power strip. You might want a long sleeve shirt for sleeping - air conditioning comes from one vent in the center of the cabin ceiling and gets you if you're on that side of the bed. The Fantasy is a lovely ship, recently refurbished. The crew is VERY friendly, we recently did a 3-wk b2b and had a blast. Go for it.

Tip: Be sure you understand "ship time" and use a watch or device that does not automatically adjust for local time! All activities, including sail away are based on ship time. And, as others have said, relax and have a great cruise!!!